Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Frontier, that has a am/fm satellite radio with cd player. I have synced my cell phone to the truck via blue tooth. I can make calls and receive calls. The calls come through the trucks speakers no problem. When I try to use google maps with the radio unit it doesn't come through the speakers. If i turn the blue tooth off on my cell phone (Samsung A10E) google maps audio will then come through the cell phone only. When I turn the blue tooth back on the sound once again cuts off.

Does anyone know how to get the google maps sound to come through the truck speakers? It's getting frustrating ...

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,398 Posts
Have you checked the "Play voice over Bluetooth" in the Navigation settings?

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
"Play voice over Bluetooth" would be on the phone.

Reactions: butterman2473

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, sorry it's been awhile but life gets in the way ... back to the original issue, the truck is a 2016 not a 2017 like i originally stated. I've only owned the truck for roughly 6 months so it takes a good spell for me to remember stuff. So, with that being said any other ideas? I have been told since it does not have an on board navigation system that I am just S*** out of luck. Is this true?

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,398 Posts
ok, sorry it's been awhile but life gets in the way ... back to the original issue, the truck is a 2016 not a 2017 like i originally stated. I've only owned the truck for roughly 6 months so it takes a good spell for me to remember stuff. So, with that being said any other ideas? I have been told since it does not have an on board navigation system that I am just S*** out of luck. Is this true?
Refer to post #2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess maybe this is above me ... I have looked and can't seem to find the "navigation" setting on the damn phone ... does anyone know if a Nissan dealer would have staff able to solve this issue of mine?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
1) Open Google maps on your phone
2) Click on the 3 bars in the upper left to get the menu
3) Scroll down and select Settings
4) Scroll down and select Navigation Settings
5) Turn on Play Voice Over Bluetooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went through your steps and everything is switched on like you described... we'll have to go check ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well that didn't work ... i am at my wits end on this ... any other suggestions? my wife's Toyota Rav4 works just fine when we use the Google Maps ... I don't see why my Nissan would be so hard to use Google Maps with ... suggestions ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i got a GPS app to partially work ... it's called WAYZES ... the direction only come through the phone speaker and not the truck speakers and the bluetoothe is still on so i am half way there ... maybe that's the best i'll get ...

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
You mean Waze.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV CC
11 Posts
Are you still having problems? I have the same issue but if I switch the radio over to listen to music through blue tooth the navigation commands play through the speakers just fine. Kind of annoying as I don't always listen to blue tooth.

·
Premium Member
5,660 Posts
Does any other app put sound to the speakers? Have you played any music from your phone? I don't know what year this changed, but on my '11 the Bluetooth only works with calls. Any other audio, I need to hook the audio cable to the phone and dash.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Had the same issue with a different vehicle even though the device was connected, finally figured out you have to setup Bluetooth audio after the phone is connected,
Here is a youtube vid on how to do it for a 2017 Frontier;
2017 NISSAN Frontier - Bluetooth® Streaming Audio (if so equipped)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Had the same issue with a different vehicle even though the device was connected, finally figured out you have to setup Bluetooth audio after the phone is connected,
What do you mean "setup Bluetooth audio after the phone is connected"? Exactly what are you "setting up"? On the phone? On the headunit? What do you mean by "connected"? I'm confused.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What do you mean "setup Bluetooth audio after the phone is connected"? Exactly what are you "setting up"? On the phone? On the headunit? What do you mean by "connected"? I'm confused.
Just watch the youtube vid, it explains it all. States it right up front, you have to connect the phone before you can setup Bluetooth audio, then explains how to pair a Bluetooth audio player.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just watch the youtube vid, it explains it all. States it right up front, you have to connect the phone before you can setup Bluetooth audio, then explains how to pair a Bluetooth audio player.
Sorry, but that doesn't address the issues with the 2019s. I can hear map directions IF I select Bluetooth from the truck menu. I can also hear music from the phone. But, if I want to listen to AM or FM, I can't hear the map directions. There is no problem with the setup (connecting the phone with bluetooth), there is a problem with the audio system design.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like almost every year is different, I have a 2016, not sure about the 2019s, but found these, hope they help

2019 Nissan Frontier - Bluetooth® Streaming Audio - without Navigation (if so equipped)

2019 Nissan Frontier - Bluetooth® Streaming Audio - with Navigation (if so equipped)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts