Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone out there has the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires on their Fontier. The nismo needs a new pair of shoes soon and i'm thinkin' goodyear. Just wanted to hear some opinions.... positive or not!

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have heard great reviews about them and the price is pretty good. I ended up going with the cooper STT, but my second choice was the Duratrac.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I went with the Wrangler Silent Armors last summer. Love them. I believe BigRiver has them as well

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
A fellow employee at my company got them on her 4-runner and I have to say, I LOVE the way they look. Have ridden with her to lunch a few times and they weren't crazy loud and rode smooth. I am a fan of Goodyear, I ran the Wranglers on the 1st gen before the SAS and they held up very well and were great offroad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was thinking of put that exact tire on my truck when it needs tires.

I first saw the Goodyear duratrac all terrain tire at Wal-Mart for like $160 each + mount&balance.

It looks like a great tire...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've had them for about a week. Pretty aggresive tire, look super meaty. Picked up the 265/75/16 ones in 6 ply for $705 installed.

Hum a little due to the aggresive tread pattern and mileage seemed to have went down a bit (1-1.5 mpgs, havent confirmed yet though).

They are overkill for my needs as my truck sees mostly commuting miles, but I like them and would buy again. There is a pic of them on my tuck with the 2" mini lift under the Tire section.

Saved a step:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/2009-frontier-2-1-prg-mini-lift-265-75-16-goodyear-duratracs-48102/

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had them for about a week. Pretty aggresive tire, look super meaty. Picked up the 265/75/16 ones in 6 ply for $705 installed.

Hum a little due to the aggresive tread pattern and mileage seemed to have went down a bit (1-1.5 mpgs, havent confirmed yet though).

They are overkill for my needs as my truck sees mostly commuting miles, but I like them and would buy again. There is a pic of them on my tuck with the 2" mini lift under the Tire section.

Saved a step:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/2009-frontier-2-1-prg-mini-lift-265-75-16-goodyear-duratracs-48102/

Thanks for the pics! They look awesome on the truck! looks like i may have decided which tires to go with when i get enough loot saved up!

Thanks for the posts!:goodjob:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have the silent armors, and they have been really good. Smooth ride, quiet, yet it still has an aggressive tread. Gives a different (better) feeling to the truck than the rugged trail tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts