Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 06 Frontier back in 2009, it was my first self purchased truck, and what a great trusty and loyal workhorse it has been. I traded her in today and upgraded to a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 fully loaded with leather seats. (basically a Denali minus the badges.) The Fronty was a great truck, and saw me through the first 10 years of family life. but now I move on to bigger things. You guys have been great, and I can't wait to spectate on the next generation of frontier/titans out there. pic of the newness!

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's a good looking truck. I also want a bigger truck but couldn't do it at the expense of my fronty. I love my first gen. Plus its really easy to work on and its paid for and I don't want a payment. Good luck with your new ride.

·
Rogue Admin
13,224 Posts
When the time comes for replacement, I will upsize our truck as well. As it is now though, the Frontier just keeps ticking along and handles everything I need it to - so, I'll wait. Enjoy your GMC.

·
2020 Moderating
3,202 Posts
just noticed the pic you linked, very nice. congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck! I myself am eyeing the 2018+ F150 Lariat 5.0's, but that's gonna be a couple of years down the road. Love my Frontier in the meantime!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I got my 06 Frontier back in 2009, it was my first self purchased truck, and what a great trusty and loyal workhorse it has been. I traded her in today and upgraded to a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 fully loaded with leather seats. (basically a Denali minus the badges.) The Fronty was a great truck, and saw me through the first 10 years of family life. but now I move on to bigger things. You guys have been great, and I can't wait to spectate on the next generation of frontier/titans out there. pic of the newness!
Sharp lookin ride. I'm a GM man myself from way back, have had at least one consecutively since 1984, still have the 92 Grand Prix STE I bought in December 1997. ( Previously, a 1975 Pontiac Astre hatch, 1976 Camaro Sport Coupe, 1983 Camaro Sport Coupe ( purchased in 1986, sold in 1998 at 317k miles), 1996 Saturn SL2 sedan, 1993 Olds Cutlass Cabrio, 1997 Olds Silhouette minivan, 2007 Chevy Aveo ( totalled, not my fault ), 2008 Chevy Cobalt, 2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT Turbo RS ) The GP's a COPO five-speed car and only one of 57 built that yr. I was about to comment about knowing some of my earlier GMs didnt have the best body fit gaps but knew there had to be something up with that hood gap, then saw your note at the bottom. LOL. Enjoy your new wheels.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SL, Flowmaster FX, cold air intake, rear axle vent mod, class III hitch and light kit.
14 Posts
That's interesting. I had a 2009 Chevrolet 1500 and I traded up to a 2019 Frontier. Up in hauling weight and up in towing capacity. Not quite as roomy in the cabin, not as smooth on the ride, but with the above-mentioned upgrades got an upgrade in fuel mileage. I enjoyed my 2009 Silverado, and the 2006 single cab shortbed Work truck before that but the kids are grown and this Frontier has been a blast so far. Looking forward to pulling my 16ft flatbed trailer to see if posted numbers hold up.

·
Read Only
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
295 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and your success. Good Luck to you in your new adventures. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts