Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nismo Frontier
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My headlight housings are super faded and I can barely see at night so I'm looking into buying replacements. I already ordered some Philips X-treme Vision 9007 bulbs now I just need the housings. I've been down this road before with other vehicles and got stuck with junk aftermarket housings that leak and fade quickly so I don't want to make that same mistake again.

What are some good options for aftermarket headlight assemblies that won't break the bank?

Also tried searching the usual local places and there aren't many options at the moment.

Anyone try the PERDE brand found on Amazon for $135ish shipped?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
you can always just buff it out for way cheaper than buying new ones... and if you want to see better... check out the katana led kit for our headlights.. post here: just bought them a few weeks back, once aimed and aligned... HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
The Phillips are pretty good, but as Rob mentioned the Katana's are a much better option. Night and day difference.

Reactions: Gunmetal_Pro4x

·
Registered
2005 Nismo Frontier
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I ordered those Perde brand headlight assemblies from Amazon and sure enough they are the cheap TYC brand!!:( I can see the headlight retainer tabs are indeed very thin and brittle. It wont be long before they snap off rendering these housing usless! I contacted the seller to send them back so hopefully they won't give me an issue with the return. I see they also have a "Eagle Eye" brand for the same price as the ones I got. If anyone can chime in on the quality of those that would be awesome.... If not I'll just pony up for the better quality Depo brand.

Also sent the Philips bulbs back and ordered some Katanas for the headlights and JDM astar for the fogs. They're already here but looks like it'll be a while before I get to install them now:(

I'll update with pics when the new headlight assemblies arrive.

·
Registered
391 Posts
+1 on just trying to restore them first like RobFrisco said, especially since you're running into quality issues w/aftermarket assemblies.

·
Registered
2005 Nismo Frontier
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Restoring the old lights is not possible. They are completely yellowed and clouded through to the point of needing replacement.

Im very curious about the Eagle Eye lights now

Edit: Just went with the Depo lights on Amazon. Don't want to risk more headaches.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
That yellowing is a surface issue that can be polished off. Worth a try.

·
Registered
2005 Nismo Frontier
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trust me I tried. It's not a surface issue.... the entire plastic itself is yellow and has spider cracks on the inside. I live in Arizona if that helps you understand the harsh UV damage.

Already sent the old cheaply made TYC lights back and am now waiting for the better quality (hopefully) Depo lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts