Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Registration is now open so get your tickets before it sells out or your trail choices fill up! Condo is rented, Registration completed, Suspension updates finished.... ready for some slick rock!

Who's going? What trails are you running?

Here are the trails I chose:

Mon - Hidden Canyon
Tue - Backwards Bill
Wed - Elephant Hill
Thu - Jax Trax
Fri - Hells Revenge

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
I will finally be able to make this, after cancelling two years ago and missing last year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Brian,

I forget if you have a front locker or not. I believe they want you to have one for Backwards Bill. You have to go up Wipe out hill on that trail and there is not a bypass. They usually have someone with a winch set up at the top in the event you can't get up it and if you are confident you might be able to do it without the locker, but there are a few 3 wheel situations on the way up. Just thought I would share in the event you need to change trails for that day.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave,

I do not have a front locker but the trail notes below do not call for one.

From the Red Rock 4 Wheelers description page -

Trail Notes
Length: 25 miles total, 17 off highway.
Min Tire Size: 33+ inches
Winch: No
Front Locker: No
Rear Locker: Yes

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I stand corrected, but after doing it, I am very glad I had the lockers.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm looking for a quiet condo for GONE. Can someone point me to the best place to rent? I've always crashed at other people's place so I never had to rent one haha

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for a quiet condo for GONE. Can someone point me to the best place to rent? I've always crashed at other people's place so I never had to rent one haha
Hey Joe,

Since you have been there before you probably know that Rim Village is where most of us stay. It can be hit or miss whether it is quiet or not as you can end up next to the party pad or guys who are wrenching until all hours, fixing broken rigs. A house with a few guys might be quieter but a good set of earplugs works too!

VRBO and HomeAway have lots of listings you can search.

Let us know your trail choices. See you in late May.

Brian

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Joe,

Since you have been there before you probably know that Rim Village is where most of us stay. It can be hit or miss whether it is quiet or not as you can end up next to the party pad or guys who are wrenching until all hours, fixing broken rigs. A house with a few guys might be quieter but a good set of earplugs works too!

VRBO and HomeAway have lots of listings you can search.

Let us know your trail choices. See you in late May.

Brian
I found a place with Sunny Sundberg.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
ill be there !
a couple weeks or a month before gone lol.

the raptor guys do a thing called the snowball rally in michigan every year. and they charge an assload to do it.
all on public roads. i was just going to show up and kick it, but then i sold my raptor.

i may do that for gone one year so im not officially tied into sitting in my truck all day looking at other people have fun lololololololololoololololololololo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Registration is now open so get your tickets before it sells out or your trail choices fill up! Condo is rented, Registration completed, Suspension updates finished.... ready for some slick rock!

Who's going? What trails are you running?

Here are the trails I chose:

Mon - Hidden Canyon
Tue - Backwards Bill
Wed - Elephant Hill
Thu - Jax Trax
Fri - Hells Revenge
Brian, looks like I'll have you with me on Jax on Thursday! I'll be leading that day. :)

I think we *may* have met last year. I see my (Silver Pro4X) X in that line up along the meet up point along Seven Mile and Backwards Bill!

I will finally be able to make this, after cancelling two years ago and missing last year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Rick, looking forward to having you along on Jax as well! It'll be a fun time. I'll also be out on Fins 101 assisting Terry with some mid trail gunning.

·
Registered
819 Posts
40 days didn’t seem like long until you converted it to seconds.
Plenty of seconds to make all those last second repairs and upgrades ::grin::

1 - 20 of 43 Posts