Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the photo/video thread for all CF members who attended goneMOAB 2017. Post away if you've already made it home from the awesome week that we've all had.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Patrick - Dome Plateau

This (and the following three posts) show photos from my four days of wheeling at Moab. The four runs were: Dome Plateau; Seven Mile Rim; Shaffer Trail/Lathrop/White Rim; Bartlett Outlook. None of these were "red", so my truck handled them all with aplomb, though requiring all of its armor and 33" tires - the hitch receiver especially took a beating out back! I'm going to need one more inch of lift, a rear locker, and a lower-profile custom rear bumper.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
I finally have time to breathe, so it's time to put my pictures up.

This was my third year attending goneMOAB, and I've never not had an absolute blast. The trails are amazing, the scenery is breathtaking, and the Nissan community is full of awesome people. If you've never been to Moab but the topic interested you enough to click on this thread, I really encourage you to plan on attending next year. You will not regret it. I did a couple of green trails this year, and I really enjoyed them - I promise, there is plenty of fun to be had even if your truck isn't "built."

That's enough of my sales pitch...onto the pics. These will span several posts because I have a bunch.

Monday - Poison Spider Mesa

A couple obstacles near the start of the trail:

The "waterfall" (which has no bypass):

This obstacle is called Wedgy. It can be bypassed, but everyone in our group did it.

Poison Spider Mesa is a red trail, but like every other trail in Moab, it's not just about the challenge - it's about the scenery too:

Heading back down:

The only carnage of the day - this Xterra dropped off a big ledge (the same ledge in pics 3-7, but in reverse) and had his spare tire push his Rotopax cans into the back window and shatter it:

Continued...

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Tuesday - Seven Mile Rim

I did Seven Mile Rim last year too, but it's one of my favorite trails and was worth a repeat. We had a few other forum members on this one - @BCBrian, @shizzy and @Grendel.

Here are a few pics of optional Silver Crack. Somewhere somebody must have a picture of my truck on this obstacle - hopefully I'll come across one later that I can post.

A tight little squeeze and the Horseshoe (which is more off camber than it looks in the pics - I guess it's intimidating in the shorter wheelbase Xterra, but my Frontier feels stable on it):

Optional Wipe Out Hill:

Continued...

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Thursday - Bartlett Overlook

Bartlett Overlook with BCBrian, Pathung and shizzy. This is a new trail that was offered this year. This trail was fantastic - really unique and gorgeous scenery, and one of my favorite trails that I've done.

BCBrian in the "hamster wheel." You can just keep going around and around at high speed until you get dizzy...if you really want to.

The "Mashed Potato" section of the trail:

Continued...

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Friday - Copper Ridge, Fallen Peace Officer, Sego Canyon

Friday's "official" run was Copper Ridge and Fallen Peace Officer. Because of the size of our group (just me, my parents, and the trail leaders), we ended up having a bit more of a customized experience. We ran all of Copper Ridge, part of Fallen Peace Officer (we skipped some switchbacks), and then visited Sego Canyon.

On the way to Copper Ridge, we took a detour to view some dinosaur tracks that had been preserved in the rock:

Copper Ridge. This trail started off a little dull but got loads better as it progressed. This is a green trail, but it had a few obstacles. It also had pretty scenery.

Rock Art at Sego Canyon:

Arch at Sego Canyon:

Just a random shot of my truck at the Sego cemetery, but I like the way it turned out:

Sego ghost town:

Continued...

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Finally, we also snuck in an "unofficial run" on Friday. This was an out-and-back on a trail that none of us had ever been on. It ended up being pretty fun, with one little rock garden that the pictures don't do much justice. This trail seemed like it hadn't seen much use in years. Portions of it were narrow and eroded away. We turned back when we hit a large expanse of slickrock with no obvious path.

And that's it for my pictures. I already can't wait to go back next year!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wednesday: Tiptoe Behind the Rocks

The only damage I got besides a cut sidewall and a light scuff on a fender from branches. Cut sidewall wasn't terrible-I drove all the way back to TN with it on the truck lol

Shout out to Hefty Fabworks for making a darn good set of sliders and skids. I beat the [email protected]&? out of them and they held up perfectly. Skids are aluminum too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is why I come here. A little while ago I was thinking eh, maybe the truck is fine stock, it gets me where I need to go. Then I see pictures like this and I'm like nah 35s or bust. Looks like an amazing trip, definitely on the bucket list now! Thanks for keeping me motivated.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have few videos to post, and here's the first one, of JeniorNV traversing the Silver Crack, part of the Seven Mile Rim trail run:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts