Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
i'll have to wait till i see what i'm doing then but i DEFINITELY want to go back, trip of a lifetime!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will want lift, 33's, UCA's, sliders and armor at the least...
Depends on the trails everyone is running.

Blue Runs with good driving sliders are what I would recommend.

Red Runs Sliders are a really good idea with a lift. Lift is not required the bigger obstacles are optional. Optional lines need lift, locker or dual lockers.

Blacks... 2 Lockers, Lift, SFA is a good idea, couple of marbles lost helps out too. *Green Day however is a moderate to crazy trail. The obstacles all have bypasses so it can handle quite a bit.

Skid plates... not really a big deal in Moab until you get into the black trails or playing on the optional lines.

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
i guess you could add "to really enjoy moab and get the most out of the trip" to what i said earlier :laugh:

·
Registered
225 Posts
This was an amazing time this past year. If there is any way at all you can go to this event, you need to do it. I will never forget it... :thumbup:
I agree, went in 08 and only did one trail with the group, but I did more trails than i could count in my stock fronty...i still dont understand the hang up on needing a lift etc to "enjoy" moab....Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (2nd Edition) [978-1-934838-00-6] - $27.95
Most of the Moderate and Easy trails in his book are doable with a stock fronty with careful driving.... thats 36 trails and thats just in that book. There are way more that he does not have in the book. GO!, regardless if you think you can do the trails they are doing, you can still meet up at the end of the day after going on your own adventure, it's what I did. Best trip ever!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like Hi Ho said... Lift Necessary... no not really.

Blues... No you dont need a lift.
Reds... No but it could help if you want to take some harder lines. And if you want to take the HARD optional obstacles (many optional lines need a locker as well).
Blacks... Yes, lockers, skids, SFA and more. Body damage is likely on these trails. Green Day how ever has bypasses for most obstacles and is as hard as you want to make it, more will be posted on that one.

What I would recommend for Blues and Reds....
CB
Sliders/Rocker Gaurds
Recovery Points

1 - 15 of 15 Posts