Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OE Nissan Transmission and Engine oil pan skids, stamped steel, never hit, a little crusty and you might wanna clean 'em up a bit and paint 'em, but hey, the price is great. I think I have most of the bolts left over as well. Local pickup, Crofton MD half-way between Baltimore and Washington DC. First that PMs and shows up, gets to take home the prizes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
if only you were a little closer to Arizona... :) might even play with the idea of paying for shipping if you dont end up finding a local buyer and wouldnt mind the hassle.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ryan, check with Mark (@ArcticMark ). He mentioned a while back about maybe trying to find some OEM skid plates for his truck.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey, thanks for thinking of me! I just got back on the site this morning after about a year. I imagine that I have missed a lot so I will try to catch up, but yes, I am still wanting some skid plates. I just bought some too big tires lol (285/75/16 General Grabber ATX) and contemplating the damage I am going to have to do to make them work.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
What does the OE Transmission Skid look like. I didn't know that there was such a thing. The transfer case skid?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does the OE Transmission Skid look like. I didn't know that there was such a thing. The transfer case skid?
Yes, I did mis-speak, its the transfer case. Better than zero, I suppose, but with how much is covered and how much is left exposed, between the engine, front diff, transmission pan and transfer case, I was still extremely cautious about the trails I attempted before getting the full armour set. Venturing out on Friday to test the new kit, now that it's all installed. Not planning on doing anything crazy but just having the peace of mind of armour from the fog lamps to the drive shaft is a nice feeling.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Yes, I did mis-speak, its the transfer case. Better than zero, I suppose, but with how much is covered and how much is left exposed, between the engine, front diff, transmission pan and transfer case, I was still extremely cautious about the trails I attempted before getting the full armour set. Venturing out on Friday to test the new kit, now that it's all installed. Not planning on doing anything crazy but just having the peace of mind of armour from the fog lamps to the drive shaft is a nice feeling.
Hey better than nothing. My stock t-case skid saved mine from getting majorly crunch on a rock once. Was able to deflect a rock and result in only a chip of the corner of the t-case casting. After market t-case skids hangs down pretty low. Since installing (aftermarket) I have struck it numerous times, when before it would clear.

Someone should be happy with having one.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ArcticMark is the proud owner of three new hunks of tin ( radiator plate went with the set ).
Now he won't have to grocery shop naked anymore and we can all take off our dark sunglasses ROFL.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha! Yep, I am the proud owner of some OEM skid plates, courtesy of RyanD!!! Thanks a bunch! I have not put them on yet, but as soon as I get a few extra minutes, I will. Hopefully this Friday. BTW, your skid plates look awesome. Military grade!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha! Yep, I am the proud owner of some OEM skid plates, courtesy of RyanD!!! Thanks a bunch! I have not put them on yet, but as soon as I get a few extra minutes, I will. Hopefully this Friday. BTW, your skid plates look awesome. Military grade!!
Thanks Bud, they may hold up to a few 5.56 rounds but I wouldn't bet on anything bigger LOL. Was good to catch up w/ you again and happy that these will go to a good home and get used, not just tossed in a corner to await a future project ...... someday.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I put them on Friday afternoon! It took me longer to find the right holes than it did to actually do it. That is a common theme for me, lol. Thanks again!!! Very Very happy about them :))))

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put them on Friday afternoon! It took me longer to find the right holes than it did to actually do it. That is a common theme for me, lol. Thanks again!!! Very Very happy about them :))))
^^ Siskel & Ebert says two thumbs up. Great news, hopefully we can get another trail run organized and get out and use 'em. Did you end up doubling up the radiator skid to make for a stronger plate?
I'm gonna see if I can get my new Bilstein 6112s mounted up this or next week and get 'er set to 2" lift now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts