Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i am getting ready to buy the LG Dare. went to the verizon store today and checked both the dare and the env touch out. didnt like how big the touch was. i dont need a blackberry or anything with the net. and before anyone says it. no. im not switching plans and getting an iphone. does anybody have a dare on here? like it? dislike it? i also checked out the omnia and it is very similar to the dare.

btw: i currently have the old alias and hate it 100%. buttons are too small for my fingers and its starting to act crazy on me, shutting down at random times, restarting itself, not to mention how sluggish the whole thing is. havent been too crazy about any of my samsung phones. they all seem to take a crap on me in the first year. LGs on the other hand...... i can beat the crap out of them and not have a problem.

thanks

aaron

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
i have one. its ok. the buttons can be small for texting when you go to full-keyboard mode, so if you have fat fingers, make sure you try it out in the store first and make sure your ok with it.

mines about 10 months old tho and has taken a few hits and keeps going. and i still only have to charge the batt every 3-4 days. then again, i dont use the internet on it at all - just phone calls and txts...

the camera is good quality, and the software is easy to get the hang of too.

feel free to ask if theres anything else specific you wanna know.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have one. its ok. the buttons can be small for texting when you go to full-keyboard mode, so if you have fat fingers, make sure you try it out in the store first and make sure your ok with it.

mines about 10 months old tho and has taken a few hits and keeps going. and i still only have to charge the batt every 3-4 days. then again, i dont use the internet on it at all - just phone calls and txts...

the camera is good quality, and the software is easy to get the hang of too.

feel free to ask if theres anything else specific you wanna know.
awesome. thanks alot. i tried writing something with it at the store in both full keyboard mode and with the numbers and it seemed to be ok. it was def. a lot better than the current phone. is the software responsive? ie. my alias, when i open it up, it takes a few seconds for the screen to come on. i wont be doing internet at all either. just phone calls and text/pix messaging. have you had any problems with it to the point where you had to take it in and have them fix it?

thanks

aaron

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
havent had to bring it in for anything (knocks on wood). seems to be handling itself well. as for responsiveness, ive never had an issue with it not responding - everything is quick and responsive, no time delays other than the 1 second to get it out of screen lock mode. it quick from call mode to txt mode and everything in between.

overall, i would recommend it for someone who wants a touchscreen but doesnt need a iphone or blackberry to check email or surf online all day...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
havent had to bring it in for anything (knocks on wood). seems to be handling itself well. as for responsiveness, ive never had an issue with it not responding - everything is quick and responsive, no time delays other than the 1 second to get it out of screen lock mode. it quick from call mode to txt mode and everything in between.

overall, i would recommend it for someone who wants a touchscreen but doesnt need a iphone or blackberry to check email or surf online all day...
sweet. thanks alot. got more info from you than i have anywhere else!

thanks again

aaron

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i would get the versa... i had way to many problems with my dare

i went through 3 dares in 2 months

i also like the versa because its txting screen has keys that are bigger

but with that said, i LOVE my versa

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
the Omnia is NOTHING like the dare. the O is a windows based phone and there is a LOT you can do with that. the wife has a dare and likes it. cant say i do though. i went with a touch screen but went with the HTC Touch Pro. the dare isnt a bad phone but going from WinMo to using the dare is a PITA. If i had it to chose i would go Omnia, but thats just me. i REALLY like my TP but i may buy an Omnia just to have another toy. the dare should suit you just fine for what you want, plus buying the Omnia will require you to buy the internet plan from Vzn since you can not buy a smart phone without it. thats $30 extra a month.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I have a black berry pearl. I dont know if Verizon carries them but if they do be cautious about the electronics on them. They tend to go abit free bird if you catch my drift. I just had mine replaced actually because the darn thing would have fits. I have T-mobile though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well If my story about this phone is anything like yours you would regret getting one. In the last 4 months I have gone through 4 warranty Dares. This is coming from someone that takes VERY good care of their phone! My last one lasted about 3 years trouble free. I love it, but the warranty ones must not even be tested or something.. something always goes wrong a couple weeks after I get one. We will see how the newest one holds up.. haha

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i have an lg dare and it has been a great phone for the past 5 months.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is the crappy part about this. i get a ton of good things about the phone and a ton of bad things. :comphead:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ive had the Dare since it came out over a year ago and have run into zero issues. I'm surprised to hear that others were having problems.

I agree with Harshreality on a lot of the the pros and cons...the qwerty keyboard takes some getting use to. But the screen is great for using VZ navigator. Camera is also pretty decent at 3.2mp

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive had the Dare since it came out over a year ago and have run into zero issues. I'm surprised to hear that others were having problems.

I agree with Harshreality on a lot of the the pros and cons...the qwerty keyboard takes some getting use to. But the screen is great for using VZ navigator. Camera is also pretty decent at 3.2mp

thanks alot!

where did you get that holder for the phone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts