Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've had a blast in my old 2005 Frontier but it's getting to the point where I've lost the confidence to take it on long trips. It's been an expensive beast to keep on the road and I'm just over doing repairs on it. After limping home a couple of weeks ago with a misfire (bad coil pack) my wife and I decided it's time for a new truck. The obvious choice would have been to get a younger Frontier and do a massive parts swap, but every time the old truck gave us grief I'd joke that we shoulda bought a Taco. My wife was over that joke so this happened...

Picked up a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, looks so sweet an innocent next to the old D40. Digging it a lot so far, literally nearly double the fuel economy of the old truck (yeah it'll come down but still), turns like a slightly smaller yacht, 0% anxiety about what's going to break next.

I'll be placing a for sale add for the old one. It need someone more mechanically nurturing than myself, or it could make one heck of a parts truck.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL just realized I posted this in Off Topic instead of General. OTOH it doesn't get much more off topic here than buying a Tacoma.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
E.J.
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing