Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel for the taco owers. We are trying to replace my buddys front hub on his 06 4x4 taco that he bought about the same time as i did my frontier. But there design is so horriable seems you dont replace the entire hub that it comes appart and what not. I hope to god ours are not like that. Anyways if you want a good laugh take a look at the shop manual.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/rm2006ta/038001.pdf

So by the looks of it you need a bunch of SST's. But has anyone here ever messed with somthing like this and could give me an idea of were to start, because I really want this junk outa my shop. And by the looks of it these dont look like somthing simple you could rent eather. What im guessing hes going to have to do is take toyota the spindle and hub have them install the new bearings and then bring it home put it together, cause there is no way this junk could make it to the dealer...

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
They appear to like the term SST.
Does it stand for Super Secret Tool? :laugh:

Clint

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i'm afraid our frontiers are very similar if not identical. I've done this job while replacing cv boots on my old 95 toyota pickup. it's actually pretty easy if you have the tools. I think sst are the special tools you need.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea, I would agree that our trucks would be just as much of a PITA.

As much as people like to debate Toyota vs Nissan, I feel that they have pretty similar designs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bah what were people thinking needing a press to do your hubs. Guess im used to the chevy/dodge design, were you just replace the entire thing. SST pfft more like BFH

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
nothing tops a BFH.

Clint

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts