Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After watching the attached video, I am glad that I bought a Fronty and not a truck from any other truck company. Nissan has always been about safety and that is why I buy my vehicles from them. They are reliable, safe, and affordable (unlike it's competitors. :serious:). The other day, I was watching a TFL Truck Video (my favorite truck review guys::grin::) on the Fronty and after watching that video, I went home and washed my Fronty, as an expression of my love for it. (I am not jking, I gave her a good scrub). Here was the video I watched: (I know that it is a 2017 King Cab but I just bought a 16 CC last week so I am new to the Fronty):

(fast forward to 0:48 to see the Fronty)

Also, after watching this TFL Truck Review, I am going to take my 2wd Fronty CC offroad for the first time!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good vids. thanks for posting.

I had a 06 Tacoma access cab 4x4 sport that I really liked. It got totaled in an accident. I purchased a full size Ram quad 4x4 which I also liked. I was ready to get back into a midsize truck. Test drove all the 2016's out there. Decided the best bang for the buck was the Nissan Frontier. So far I am enjoying my Pro4x.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

I had a 06 Tacoma access cab 4x4 sport that I really liked. It got totaled in an accident. I purchased a full size Ram quad 4x4 which I also liked. I was ready to get back into a midsize truck. Test drove all the 2016's out there. Decided the best bang for the buck was the Nissan Frontier. So far I am enjoying my Pro4x.
I am the same way. I am not devoted to any one manufacturer.
I buy for what serves my purpose. Currently I have a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2004 Dodge 3500 diesel.The Dodge is the best truck I ever owned and I owned a lot of trucks.
That said, I am glad you like your Frontier.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Final Frontier review was stupid.
i don't think I would mind struggling a bit more taking out a drill motor out of a Raptor.
Besides why would you put it in the bed?
A truck to take your dogs to the vet, a truck to help in the garden? Makes it sound like mom's little helper.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am glad that you thought the vids were helpful @FFTR. No prob for posting! (The TFL Truck dudes are really good at reviewing trucks!!!) (I usually post vids for sarcasm but if it is a serious topic to me, then I will post vids that tend to be helpful for others.)::wink:: I was going to buy a Tacoma but the price was a total turn off for me. In terms of full size, I really do not need a full size, therefore I did not buy one!::smile:: It was my father who convinced me to buy a Fronty and he has made the best choice for me!:nerd: (He also picked my Fronty because it was the best bang for the buck)::grin::::grin:: I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your pro4x :). I am enjoying my S CC 4x2 Auto as well!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
i don't think I would mind struggling a bit more taking out a drill motor out of a Raptor.
A truck to take your dogs to the vet, a truck to help in the garden? Makes it sound like mom's little helper.
It matters if you use your truck for a living. I'm a painter, and 5 gallon pails of paint can weigh up to 100 pounds, depending on the material inside. Try lifting several of those into the back of a full size truck. Everyday. Year round.

For that reason alone, I will never buy a full size truck. Unless you're towing a trailer, they're just a status symbol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am the same way. I am not devoted to any one manufacturer.
I buy for what serves my purpose. Currently I have a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2004 Dodge 3500 diesel.The Dodge is the best truck I ever owned and I owned a lot of trucks.
That said, I am glad you like your Frontier.
Same with me but let my clarify this misunderstanding. I have owned vehicles from Toyota, Ford, GMC, Chevy, Honda, Mazda, Mercedes and I was really happy with all of them. Each vehicle from each manufacturer has served it's purpose well for me and my family. However, with the technology constantly and rapidly changing, I am not happy that some manufacturers have become cheap and cut important corners here and there. With that being said, I support Nissan only because they are one of those manufacturer that is not cutting corners and are using the technology revolution not only just to their benefit, but to the benefit of their customers. (this can be seen throughout their product line such as the Intelligent Key being implemented on most of their base models as seen in Titan XD, Titan, etc. While you have to buy the Lariat (40k$$$) on the new F150 in order to get that Intelligent Key option) :serious:

Just giving my 2 cents worth::smile::

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not going to cause a flame war here, but to say that the Final Frontier review was stupid is kind of incorrect because it gave a different view towards the Frontier. Your average height male cannot easilyreach into a Raptor bed but can reach into a Fronty bed. Not only that, it also pointed out that Nissan has made it easy to access the bed while standing from outside whereas the mother of all trucks, the Raptor, is going to be a struggle to reach into the bed. Different size trucks serve different purposes for different people. I bought my Fronty because I wanted a mid size that would get the yard work job done and I do not have the room to park an F150 or Silverado in my small garage. Not only that, I am not going to have crew to haul everywhere so... ::grin::

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For that reason alone, I will never buy a full size truck. Unless you're towing a trailer, they're just a status symbol.
^^^ I totally agree with you painter. I am always out going to my local hardware store every weekend and I am not about to break my back every weekend just because I made the bad choice of buying a full sized (even though I did not need it). This is why I bought a mid size because I knew that it would get the weekend job and allow me to live in the future without worrying about unnecessary back surgery. If you need more room, just buy a crew cab with a long bed!::laugh::::grin::::wink:: You are right when you say "they are just a status symbol". I am amazed by the number of people who drive a 6.7L Diesel f250 and f350 or a ram 3500 diesel. who in the world has the budget to feed these hogs?!?!?!!?! :laugh: I mean let us be honest here. Do you think that these people actually use the full capacity of these big rigs? of course not! They are not pulling stumps or working in the construction company. They are just commoners who just buy a big rig to show off their testosterone.

yes i use my truck every day for work. i keep trimmers, edgers, blowers, etc. in the bed. i have to reach in and pull them out and put them back in. i'm 5'9" tall so a full size truck wouldn't work for me. you have to be over 6' tall to be able to reach into the bed of a full size truck. i would have to climb up on the tire or let down the taligate and climb in which would get old. :laugh:

it's funny how trucks have become so large. even my 2009 toyota tacoma 4x4 reg cab was bigger than a 90's chevy full size truck. as far as bed height the frontier is exactly the same height as a 90's chevy full size truck. you can reach into the bed and actually use it on a daily basis.
Yup!! That is why my Fronty is my daily driver::wink::^^^^ If you do not need a full size do not buy one. It is as simple as that. ::laugh::

·
Registered
795 Posts
Also, the payload capacity on the full sized trucks is still around 1100lbs in the bed. The ONLY benefit to a full size is towing capacity.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Also, the payload capacity on the full sized trucks is still around 1100lbs in the bed. The ONLY benefit to a full size is towing capacity.
^^^Definitely. My 16 S Fronty has a payload of 1400 lbs (if I can remember correctly) People who buy Frontys do not buy Frontys for towing. They buy it as a daily driver and for the average weekend job. (and sometimes camping!) If you need a truck for it's towing capacity, then you as a Nissan Fanatic should buy a Titan XD. Those things are king of towing!!!::grin::

The thing I care about most is reliablility. Nissan i bet is up on that too
That is one of the #1 reason why I bought all my vehicles from Nissan. They are about safety and reliability. ::smile::

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Ok, stupid might have been a little harsh.
I also agree people buy their trucks for different reasons.
My Fords and my Dodge diesels were for extended fishing trips to Mexico, capable hauling large amounts of gear, towing and do it comfortably while driving 16 hours to my place in Mexico. My Dodge has a range of over 700 miles before refueling. It is not uncommon for gas stations to run out of fuel in Mexico. Frontier could not come close to that or any of the other things I mentioned. Normal trip would carry a 1000 lbs. of ice alone for example.
It serves as my tow vehicle, prerunner and chase truck.
It would have been a far better vehicle to build and race than the Frontier.
The only reason I bought the Frontier is because I could not afford to buy another Dodge as a tow vehicle.
Like I mentioned, I am glad you like your Frontier but given a choice between a Frontier and a Raptor, (regardless of cost) how many would choose the Frontier?
Me , I would get a milk crate so I could reach over and get my drill motor out of my Raptor.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Yes it will tow better than the Frontier among other things.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
The Dodge's payload is 3005lbs. Never looked it up because I never had to worry about it.
Going back to everybody buys their truck for different purposes.
I bought the Frontier to race and I mentioned the Dodge would have been better. I would not have to have bought new ring and pinion gears for lower gearing, Dodge comes stock with 4:33 option. Don't have to change front diff or install locker to keep it from blowing up! Dodge differentials are almost bullet proof. I say almost because nothing is bullet proof in Mexico or racing,No need to buy and install limited slip, from factory with the Dodge.Nissan electric lockers don't work well at high speed. New upper and lower arms to increase travel and strength, Dodge stock arms are fine and has 11 inches of travel. No Intake, manifold spacer, headers, exhaust modifications or Uprev to increase h.p. and torque. Stock, 325 h.p. and 600 ft. lbs of torque. Simple Bullydog tuner set at middle setting, 90 h.p. more at the rear wheel.Tons of other reasons
In my opinion is the Dodge a vastly superior truck?
This is just my opinion, remember. YES! Of course unless you you have to get a drill motor out of the bed.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Same with me but let my clarify this misunderstanding. I have owned vehicles from Toyota, Ford, GMC, Chevy, Honda, Mazda, Mercedes and I was really happy with all of them. Each vehicle from each manufacturer has served it's purpose well for me and my family. However, with the technology constantly and rapidly changing, I am not happy that some manufacturers have become cheap and cut important corners here and there. With that being said, I support Nissan only because they are one of those manufacturer that is not cutting corners :
How many of those vehicles you owned were trucks? I am guessing a lot less than me. I owned six and keep them an average of six or seven years. The last three, over 10.
I don't know about cutting corners but you don't have to when you are dealing with a 12 year old platform. There are full size trucks that get better mileage with more horsepower.
Let that be said,after tons of work and money, the Frontier is almost where I want it to be and I am satisfied with that.In my opinion, better than a Toyota if that is any consolation.
This is just my 2 cents worth, more like a dollar.
My Dodge can do everything your Frontier can and can't do and do it better,except for parking in tight places.
This is like arguing with a Democrat. You have your opinion and I have mine.I am not going to convince you or vice versa.
Never owned one of these either but pretty much drove them everyday for 15 months. Actually in your home state. Fort Hood, Texas.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
^^^ If you need a truck for it's towing capacity, then you as a Nissan Fanatic should buy a Titan XD. Those things are king of towing!!!::grin::
Not hardly the King of towing. Not even close.Maxed Out Towing With 2016 Ram Trucks

That is one of the #1 reason why I bought all my vehicles from Nissan. They are about safety and reliability. ::smile::
Safety? I guess they are proactive! Side air bags go off before a collision. Ask DragonX about what happened while driving down a dirt road.
Reliable? Tranny/radiator contamination,blown differentials,leaking ones,no vent mod on the Dodge. Sagging leaf packs after a short while,early clutch failures,just got a notice for a class action suit for timing belt failures,etc.
Thought I was done with this subject but you say things that are just wrong.
Ok, I am done.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many of those vehicles you owned were trucks? I am guessing a lot less than me. I owned six and keep them an average of six or seven years. The last three, over 10.
I don't know about cutting corners but you don't have to when you are dealing with a 12 year old platform. There are full size trucks that get better mileage with more horsepower.
Let that be said,after tons of work and money, the Frontier is almost where I want it to be and I am satisfied with that.In my opinion, better than a Toyota if that is any consolation.
This is just my 2 cents worth, more like a dollar.
My Dodge can do everything your Frontier can and can't do and do it better,except for parking in tight places.
This is like arguing with a Democrat. You have your opinion and I have mine.I am not going to convince you or vice versa.
Never owned one of these either but pretty much drove them everyday for 15 months. Actually in your home state. Fort Hood, Texas.
Well to me, I consider a 5.7L V8 2013 Ford Expedition and a GMC Yukon a tuck. To me, they rode and felt like a truck (considering their size and engine) But again, I respect your opinion. @whistler. I do agree with you that big rigs get the big upper hand in everything except parking in tiny spots. ( I do not have to worry about that here cuz the parking spots are Texas size!)::grin:: Interesting how you drove those in my state hahahaa>:D>:D::laugh::

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Safety? I guess they are proactive! Side air bags go off before a collision..
That is a good thing though isn't it? Which one makes more sense: deployment during collision or before collision? Which one is more protective? Right before impact or during impact? We both know the answer to that dont we? ::wink::

Reliable? Tranny/radiator contamination,blown differentials,leaking ones,no vent mod on the Dodge. Sagging leaf packs after a short while,early clutch failures,just got a notice for a class action suit for timing belt failures,etc. .
How many old nissans do you see on the road? I see quite a few here. To me that means that they are reliable if they are still running after all these years. ::smile::

Thought I was done with this subject but you say things that are just wrong.
Ok, I am done.
Well everybody has their own opinion so technically it is neither right or wrong. Just to clarify, when I mentioned Nissan, I was not just talking in reference to the Fronty, but most Nissan vehicles. :nerd:

This will just turn into a flame war so I am going to stop as well. ::wink:: I do not want to be banned off of such a forum!:surprise:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
The air bags went off for no reason. NO collision before,during or after!
You never answered my question. I found out myself. "It is the first truck I ever sat in".
You are like somebody who only ate vanilla ice cream in their life and tells everybody at 31 flavors that vanilla is the best and no other.

I will only post in my build thread,desert wheeling and off topic,other builds from now on. Pretty much tired of dealing with certain people.
For the people who private message me with questions, I will continue to answer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts