Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend pulled too hard and busted the handle on my tailgate. I looked and it seems like mother to get off.

Any tips on removing that plastic piece from the tailgate?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
take the plastic cover off from the back and the metal plate over the latch and work from there

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
They should have charged $50 more for the truck and made it out of metal instead.

Clint

·
Registered
52 Posts
you have to open the little panel on the inside of the the tailgate then fight like hell with four stupid little plastic clips

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have to open the little panel on the inside of the the tailgate then fight like hell with four stupid little plastic clips
I looked inside and can see those plastic clips. I'm thinking of ordering new ones, and just breaking those off with pliers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can get them off with a trim tool.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
When mine was new, I opened my tailgate and it drop on the bumper, so I took it to the dealer and had them replace the hinge. Just after warrantee was up it did it AGAIN!! so I fab'd up new hinges for it. Never again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put a hose clamp(stainless steel of course) around the right side tailgate pivot/hinge. Now that sucker can't pop out of the hinge when you open or close it. Mine dropped out of there and fell on my bumper too. Lucky only a couple or little nicks on the corners that I touched up.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
I put a hose clamp(stainless steel of course) around the right side tailgate pivot/hinge. Now that sucker can't pop out of the hinge when you open or close it. Mine dropped out of there and fell on my bumper too. Lucky only a couple or little nicks on the corners that I touched up.
They used to sell a security lock for the tailgate. It was bolted to the side next to the hinge and prevented the gate from being able to be pulled out of there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, but my girlfriend opened my door right into a concrete pillar, denting it and nicking up the paint nice and good.

These girls...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Haha I thought you were going to say she sat on it and broke it.

My girlfriend (now wife) opened the door of my '66 Mustang into a cart return about 2 weeks after it got painted. Made a dent and cracked the paint.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
No, it BROKE . . TWICE. The part you put the hose clamp on fell to the ground, Broken. These truck are good trucks but they are not built for daily dirt roads. Things crack & brake all the time, the front bumper started to crack so I got a Calmini bumper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts