Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for some help here:

I want to get the Gibson cat-back system for my '10 Pro-4X and need some advice:

called Gibson tech support on Wednesday to find out if their system (612211) will fit my '10 (not listed on their site) and they weren't sure and told me to call TOYOTA to find out if there had been any changes between the 09 & 10 exhaust setup

do i really want to buy from a company that tells me to call another car company & are there alternatives to the Gibson that will sound meaner - DO NOT want the import ricer sound !

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
could have been a mistake. they may have thought u said toyota. or whoever you spoke with is a dumbazz. my experience when calling any company, the person who answers the phone has no clue. and the people that have a clue dont want to answer phones.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
your best bet is custom. though its going to sound like a high reving V6 "ricer" because guess what? the frontier is a high reving V6 that shares its base with the VQ35 and 37 found in the Z and G along with the max and altima.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Yah you just talked to someone who didnt know what they were talking about or just didnt understand correctly. Doesn't mean they're a bad company. However, I've told this to a few people and I have just never agreed with paying all that money to get a pre made exhaust and then you might not even like it. Yah sure its all bended better and what not, but it wont make that big of a difference on trucks like these. Most of us just do exhaust for better sound and a little better performance. Plus I think those pre made exhaust kits like banks, gibson, etc. have too many bends in them anyways. I think its better and a lot cheaper to just go to a local performance shop to get a nice little custom job done with fewer bends, custom piping, and the muffler of your choice. Or you can even just go to a muffler shop and it will be even cheaper, but not always the same quality as like a performance shop if you know what I mean. Just go get some custom piping done with a magnaflow or flowmaster or whatever. Thats just my .02.

However If you still really want to gibson cat-back i know there are some people who like it and Im sure you just talked to someone who was unclear or something on your truck. Good luck man. Exhaust is a good upgrade. Do some research and youll end up liking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts