Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from Gibson on Tuesday offering me an aluminized single swept side exhaust (#12211) for FREE! They also said that I can upgrade to stainless kit for only $50.00. I was like WTF then I remember signing up for this offer on the main site some time ago.
If you like you can read some more here: http://www.gibsonperformance.com/index.asp?p=free

I’m scheduled this Monday May 8 and I guess they get to keep it until Wednesday (3days). Can’t wait…. Hope it sound good! 8)

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
o0o coooool

I threw my name in the ring...

but I would be without my truck for 48 hours :(

we'll see

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I just checked out the link, that's great for those in southern California! We never get those opportunities here in the midwest!

After reviewing their list of vehicles, I would only have one concern! They're looking for a bone stock 05-06 Frontier with a 3.3L V6! Better check under your hood after you get it back and make sure you didn't get an engine swap to! :lol:

Congratulations! You going to go the extra $50.00 for the SS? I would, that's still an awesome deal, and that SS system will probably outlast the truck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
I just checked out the link, that's great for those in southern California! We never get those opportunities here in the midwest!

After reviewing their list of vehicles, I would only have one concern! They're looking for a bone stock 05-06 Frontier with a 3.3L V6! Better check under your hood after you get it back and make sure you didn't get an engine swap to! :lol:

Congratulations! You going to go the extra $50.00 for the SS? I would, that's still an awesome deal, and that SS system will probably outlast the truck!
na, if they do a engine swap ill ... ! :twisted: When they called me they ask if it was a 4.0 4x2 etc.... so I should be ok. And yes I'm going for the SS its only $50! see what happens....

will post pix's and sound vib once everything is a done deal.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I wish I had been offered a free exhaust, but I live in the midwest where nothing ever
happens , but tornados. I would definitely go for the $50 ss option.

OkieScot

·
Registered
492 Posts
Be sure to ask them how the Y pipe fit to the cat's. There has been a couple of us that had problems with the holes lining up to the cat's. Had to do a little modifing to get them to fit. I did email them about the problem and they said they would check it out. Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirenut said:
Be sure to ask them how the Y pipe fit to the cat's. There has been a couple of us that had problems with the holes lining up to the cat's. Had to do a little modifing to get them to fit. I did email them about the problem and they said they would check it out. Let us know what they say.

I drop off my truck @6am today and should get it back Wednesday.. I wasn’t able to talk to the tech, I was in a hurry to get to work. I’ll ask about this on Wednesday Wirenut.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This post struck me as kind of odd, as why would gibson be offering a new exhaust for r&d on a model that they already have an application for? BUT, now it is starting to make a little more sense. Since trying to install mine that I received last Friday, I also have trouble getting the y-pipe to connect to the cats. In order for the right flange to connect and the hanger to connect to the stock bracket location, the left flange is off by about 1/2" and it is "twisted", in that the holes to mount the left flange are also rotated and do not properly align. So now it makes a little more sense that they're doing a little more research on someone else's truck.
Which begs the question, how long have they known about this problem if they've had a posting for someone to r&d their truck (not to mention the whole 3.3L thing...that worries me). Needless to say, I called and spoke with a tech today and they're working out a solution, whether it is me driving to them since I'm somewhat local and having them take a look at/install with a new y-pipe or just having them ship me a new y-pipe. But if their measurements are off enough that a lot of people are having problems, a new y-pipe that they send could probably have the exact same problem.
I'll keep you guys updated on my status, but hopefully with them doing a little more research on his 4.0L gibson can finally get this application worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts