Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

It dawned on me that I have two Frontiers, and I love both of them. I got the four wheel version in August. When this storm passes I'll be heading to the river for a short trip to catch what ever bites. Not keeping any. To many "spills" in the area. Truck stuff. Looking for a good roof rack for a naked roof. No drilling. I would like to put my daughters Kayak up there. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,587 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great to have another Frontier owner here. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Admin
3,285 Posts
Welcome! Nice frontiers!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Looking for a good roof rack for a naked roof. No drilling. I would like to put my daughters Kayak up there. Any advice would be great.
You can start on etrailer.com for roof rack options. Note though they aren't cheap - with your trailer can you fab or integrate an additional rack above your existing kayak? That would help with loading/unloading too. I've seen folks convert a double jet ski trailer into a multi kayak carrier - throw some J cradles for your daughter's kayak.

Another option if you have Unitrac - either a headache or ladder type rack that is removable for the extra kayak. I currently use a bed extender for my 12 footer and sometimes my wife's 10 footer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are both good ideas. I will take a look at getting that done

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished the build out on the trailer. Thanks for the suggestions