Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here. I was a auto mechanic 20 yrs. I had Ca. smog ticket also. That ended in 1999. Now I demo, install and maintain standby gensets for [email protected],mostly. These are 40kw to 2 megawatt units. Also have general ham radio ticket. Been reading a lot of your entries, very interesting. This is the first forum I have ever joined. So I have to learn the ropes. I have the ks problem also. I have been putting up with it for some time. 60k on the truck, it started @40-50k. After quite a few hours of testing, I have come up with a solution for me as well as others, I hope, Can't post yet, too new I guess.

Thanks, Genman

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smog check

A smog check is a state run program to bi-annually check your exhaust for the amount of pollution coming out. Genman

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I am guessing you have a pre 04 model since you mentioned the knock sensor issue. It only should really effect you if you have a supercharged model but some people do a maxima knock sensor bypass. What was the solution you found?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is another post in how(2) relocate threads. I am new so I can't tell you much on how to get there. G

and yes 2003 yr mod,auto. I'm old I guess. G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts