Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I want to vent a little. It may seem stupid, but when does an act of Generosity end up resulting in being Greedy? I have 3 large blueberry bushes that are over 8-9 feet tall. So I invited this lady to pick some blue berries because there are a ton on the bushes this year from all the rain we've had. I know her because I do some contract AutoCAD work for her. She is a strange lady in her late 40's, single and a parent of a 17 year old. So she comes over with a friend who was visiting from VA. They proceed to act like migrant workers and pick pretty much all the blue berries. They picked about 6 huge serving bowls worth. About 50-60 pints. There are some left but holy crap! So What do you all think? Its like going to a cookout, seeing 12burgers on the grill and taking 11 and leaving one. Who does that?:(

·
Registered
250 Posts
Could have simply been a misunderstanding on her part as to how much you were offering to let her have (maybe she thought you didn't like blueberries and she was doing you a favor...).

If you need some blueberries later this year and now don't have any, buy them at the store and tack them on to your next AutoCAD project for her.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not really the point. Its not about the $. Its about respect etc. I would never go to someone's house and act that way whether they cared if you took it all or not.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Who knows, maybe she will make you a pie as a sign of gratitude.
You were generous enough to have her come over and pick some, guess the offering to her shoulda been more clear as to what she could take.
Ask her what she ended up doing with ALL of them.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
tell her she can help herself to a serving or two, but just ease up because you have some family and friends that want some too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts