2,928 Posts
which sux for all unless you are 2wd

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
so that means they will probably make the titan front gears first .....need to get on the hunt for the titan front diff and pathfinder axles....

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I just called them and they say they are just starting to look at the titan front diff so it could be another 18 months or so. No plans for Frontier front diff, but a Titan swap and 4:10 all around would be real nice - if you can wait till next Christmas :(

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
nice find sean. still figuring out ways for me to spend money.

i wonder if these fit with trutrac.... also i wonder if they fit with the elocker.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well, they are susposed to be ready to install so they should work with both the Elocker and TT. It works a lot better for the Frontier then the Titan because our speed sensor is in a different location and it doesnt' depend upon the ring/pinion ratio.

I am still not sure you would want gears for the Frontier r180 but the Titans m205 would be nice.

The good news is that atleast someone is making gears for the m226 and looking at the m205. The sad part is that I believe PRG sent in a m205 over 3 years ago to them for R&D and it took them this long to not even touch that but to work on the m226.

Has anyone re-calculated their final drive ratios with the difference between their stock R/P and the new R/P including their trans reduction?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yeah, but still no fronts
It is a start though. Im just happy they are recognizing our community and not just letting us fall to the waste side.

nissan m226 d44 gears - Rugged Rocks Off Road and Communications: Nissan 4x4 Parts and Radio Equipment for the Trail

anyone get this email??? thats a great deal for ring and pinion compared to OEM. I see 35's in my future. now only thing to decide is if i want to wait untill i get the titan rear axle or not.

heres the thread on thenewx.org
M226 Superior gears on sale now? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
You know you could always just truss'd the one you've got and add some wheelspacers. It would be alot cheaper and much simplier. Plus with the diff covers 08whitex has been talking about you could have a really nice running package for way less than having to just swap in everything. Unless you get a killer deal on a Titan axle then im jealous for ya :)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
You know you could always just truss'd the one you've got and add some wheelspacers. It would be alot cheaper and much simplier. Plus with the diff covers 08whitex has been talking about you could have a really nice running package for way less than having to just swap in everything. Unless you get a killer deal on a Titan axle then im jealous for ya :)
Have you seen his sig? Using spacers and jumping like that is a recipe for disaster. That is why he wants the Titan rear.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Have you seen his sig? Using spacers and jumping like that is a recipe for disaster. That is why he wants the Titan rear.
There has been some guys who have done much worst than that. That have used wheel spacers. Im talking about the wheel spacers from Spydertrax. Those things are bullet proof. I think Mustard23 talked about it a few months back. I believe he even said that there shouldnt be a worry about them falling off. Everyone talks about them falling off but i've seen plenty go off and break a axle being more stupid than the guys who could've just put alittle more thought into it. An used what they had. You dont need to go swapping parts to make yours better. You just need to really put some thought into it. Plus im not a big fan of the rear axles in the Titan. They are P.O.S in my opinion.

If anything it would be better sutied to get an 8.8 out of a 95+ Explorer or a 9". Better options and available parts.

Thats also the reason i called for him to truss'd the top portion of the rear axle. The give it some much needed extra strength.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Plus im not a big fan of the rear axles in the Titan. They are P.O.S in my opinion.
The biggest advantage to the Titan rear is the extra width so you don't have to mess with spacers at all. You can always find someone to make stronger axle shafts, if that's what you're worried about. Have many Titan guys been breaking those?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a 2wd truck, what kind of aftemarket gears can i fit without changing the rear diff.? im planning on running bigger tires later.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey dubie, what do you mean about the speed sensor location? Are you saying that we can change gears and it wont throw off the speedo. That would be pretty cool if thats true. I know tire changes effect ours. Where is our speed sensor?

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
just to give a guys a heads up 4wd pinions are different than 2wd pinions , PRO2x found this out the hard way

so if they dont have 2 different sets , either 4wd or 2wd guys wont have the option to do gears unless you get a new pinion flange and driveshaft

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
well which flange do you need? 4wd or 2wd? im assuming 2wd since they dont have gears for the front.

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
i talked with steeevo just a few minutes ago , and from what it sounds like the new gears are for 2wd flange which is 29 spline

4wd is 21 spline with 3 slotted key way

1 - 20 of 59 Posts