Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more on new gears for the 2nd Gens??? thanks

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Did you miss all the other threads on the new gears for the m226 rear axle?

P.S. It is the m226 only and not the c200k. If you don't know what you have, check the sticky on "which axle do I have". Past that, figure out if you have the 24 spline or 29 spline (not 100% sure on those numbers) on the pinion yoke.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
yes verify before you do the install!!!!!

superior gears are 29 spline , if you have 24 spline you have to get a new yoke flange and possibly a new driveshaft

·
Registered
89 Posts
2 More Months

I just got off the phone with Superior Axle & Gear VP (Mac) and received bad news that the M205 gears are delayed for the second time. The first prototype he received was not up to standards, so he had their overseas supplier refab the gears again and expected the 2nd prototype to come back fine and be ready for sale in early April. Unfortunately that overseas supplier was not proven and did not meet standards again, plus wanted them to order 1,000 units. So now Superior switched to another overseas supplier which is proven, and they are now awaiting yet another prototype which should arrive within the next 3 weeks. They are confident that they'll get the right product back from this other supplier, and 3 to 4 weeks after the sample is accepted the first production units will arrive to them for sale. In a nut shell we are pushed back until middle of June now before we can install, so no wheeling for me until late June - early July.

Yes this does suck, but I still have faith that we'll be happy come summer time...please be patient and remain respectful...thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts