Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install an oil-temp gauge in my 2015 Frontier S and the round blank for the 4WD switch looks like a good location for a 2" gauge. It isn't an ideal location visually (very low) but it's a hole just waiting for something to stuff in it. Has anyone installed a gauge there? If so, here are a couple of questions:

1. Where did you connect the switched 12V connector (gauge power)? I would probably go for a fuse tap adapter, but if so which fuse socket to use?

2. Any trick to mounting the gauge in the round hole?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has installed a gauge in that location? I guess I'll have to wing it and trust in my prodigious and renowned jury-rigging skills that have been finely honed over many decades.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure of the area you are talking about.
I have a 2007 S model. Photo?
See attached photo. The hole is right at 2 1/16", the diameter of the gauge--as if they made it with that in mind. The visual angle isn't ideal but will do, as I won't be staring at it while driving.

Also, where do you tap into to get oil temp.
I've had VDO gauges on previous cars that have a drain plug replacement sender like this one. Easy to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Whistler--how and where did you tap into 12V dash lights and power for your gauges? The OT gauge requires the sender wire, 12V power (switched), 12V dash lights, and ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts