Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install an oil-temp gauge in my 2015 Frontier S and the round blank for the 4WD switch looks like a good location for a 2" gauge. It isn't an ideal location visually (very low) but it's a hole just waiting for something to stuff in it. Has anyone installed a gauge there? If so, here are a couple of questions:

1. Where did you connect the switched 12V connector (gauge power)? I would probably go for a fuse tap adapter, but if so which fuse socket to use?

2. Any trick to mounting the gauge in the round hole?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has installed a gauge in that location? I guess I'll have to wing it and trust in my prodigious and renowned jury-rigging skills that have been finely honed over many decades.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Not sure of the area you are talking about.
I have a 2007 S model. Photo?
I run gauges but they are on the passenger side where the co- driver monitors them.
Amp meter, oil pressure,water temp, fuel level. I also have fuel pressure but did not feel comfortable with it inside the cab.
Also, where do you tap into to get oil temp.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of the area you are talking about.
I have a 2007 S model. Photo?
See attached photo. The hole is right at 2 1/16", the diameter of the gauge--as if they made it with that in mind. The visual angle isn't ideal but will do, as I won't be staring at it while driving.

Also, where do you tap into to get oil temp.
I've had VDO gauges on previous cars that have a drain plug replacement sender like this one. Easy to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Whistler--how and where did you tap into 12V dash lights and power for your gauges? The OT gauge requires the sender wire, 12V power (switched), 12V dash lights, and ground.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I believe everything is hooked up to a separate buss bar( same as my auxiliary lights, radio, gps, intercom, etc.They are not tapped into the dash light.The gauges can be dimmed, night driving,color change, alarms etc at each individual gauge.
Electrical is my weak point so my friend does most of my electrical work. He also tunes my groups race radios. I know enough where the fuses are if there is a problem.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts