Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Frontier 3.3L KC 4X4 MT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member here,

Been searching the forum for this info and could really only find info on if you can't fill your tank or filling is really slow.

I have a 2001 SE King Cab 4x4.... just bought a few weeks ago. Anyhow when I fill up the truck from empty after the pump clicks off gas shoots out of the filler neck. I've only filled it up twice but it's happen both times. I assume it's a vent but don't know if it would be a vent on the tank or a vent off the evap canister.

·
Registered
46 Posts
New Member here,

Been searching the forum for this info and could really only find info on if you can't fill your tank or filling is really slow.

I have a 2001 SE King Cab 4x4.... just bought a few weeks ago. Anyhow when I fill up the truck from empty after the pump clicks off gas shoots out of the filler neck. I've only filled it up twice but it's happen both times. I assume it's a vent but don't know if it would be a vent on the tank or a vent off the evap canister.
I am having the problem. I looked it up. Some sort of release valve needs to be replaced. I'll look it up again. Saved it somewhere

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Shoots out, like Linda Blair? Or just slowly over flows back out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Member here,

I've had the same problem for years and never even thought to inquire about it. I just always stop pumping around 16 gallons or so. Would love to know exactly what i need to do to correct this problem.

·
Premium Member
6,096 Posts
What is the capacity of a Gen 1 gas tank?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shoots out like maybe 8 oz worth. I figure it must be some type of vent on the tank itself. I made sure the vacuum line was clear leaving the evap canister. There are 2 lines leaving the filler neck that both eventually feed into the evap canister. One picks up another line before it gets to the evap canister I'm assuming this one is maybe from the fuel tank. I need to do more research.

I live in Oregon and unfortunately I can not pump my own gas; state law requires the gas station attendant to pump the gas. So it can be a pain to explain the situation during fill-ups.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
More than likely its and EVAP canister issue... I had this problem after my 5th fill up from the gas station, had to take it to the dealership to get fixed... basically Jimmy-rigged sticky foam all around the canister

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More than likely its and EVAP canister issue... I had this problem after my 5th fill up from the gas station, had to take it to the dealership to get fixed... basically Jimmy-rigged sticky foam all around the canister

How would I confirm it is the evap canister, and would love an elaboration of the sticky foam fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts