Nissan Frontier Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Staying under 70mph (if possible lol) and around 2k rpms you will good better mileage

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
...and even better if under 60mph. Frankly, I'm not sure the time saving's is worth it compared to 80mph + saving 20 min for every hour on the road.

Fuel mileage is over-rated. THERE, I said it. lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Every summer I drive to Pullman WA, across Wyo, Montana and Idaho I am driving 80 mph and my gas mileage is the same as when I drive 70/75 on the interstate in Texas. I average 20.25 MPG on the three trips I have made in my 2017 Frontier 4x4 and that includes side trips into towns, parks and other sites we stop to see

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Every summer I drive to Pullman WA, across Wyo, Montana and Idaho I am driving 80 mph and my gas mileage is the same as when I drive 70/75 on the interstate in Texas. I average 20.25 MPG on the three trips I have made in my 2017 Frontier 4x4 and that includes side trips into towns, parks and other sites we stop to see
Wow. I never saw that kind of mileage even stock. Few trips to and from Portland at 65-75mph, best I saw was 18.2

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wow. I never saw that kind of mileage even stock. Few trips to and from Portland at 65-75mph, best I saw was 18.2
I got that all the time just depends on where you are in the world
I know where I am at hence the name Laguna Hills I am pretty much in the Canyons and Mountains before reaching the Beach I am about 10 miles from the shore

After doing the mods and staying mostly Local I have dropped off a lot from stock at the same time I am over the gas saving and trying to rack magic mpg
just have to understand it's a Truck it needs fuel you need to get to A-B and if you actually want a Vehicle with some power you have to expect losses somewhere down the road

Even with all the stuff done to this Truck it still averages the same MPG if you did it on paper just the computer they use is shyt and not accurate at all but isn't this why we went to school to figure it out for ourselves lol lol anyway a snap of my area so you know i'll always have shytty MPG

·
Registered
764 Posts
damn that's some good mpg... mines stock with just shrockworks bumpers and WK sliders... ANYTHING over 70mph and i lose mpg..... especially doing 80... but i also get there fast doing 75-80 :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the intake spacer and I have a 2 1/2 lift, my truck is flex fuel rated. I'm a old drag racer, I leave the line and get up to speed quick....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a question regarding any Pro 4x owners gas mileage. Around how many city and highway miles are you getting per gallon? It seems like my truck is drinking wayyy too much gas.
I am rolling in at about 16.8. As others have mentioned it did increase a bit once I hit about 20k miles, prior to that I was mid 14s. 2018 Pro04x

·
Registered
124 Posts
On my 2017 SV 4x4 cc, on my daily commute, which is mostly mountain highway with a bit of city driving, I run about 17 mpg in the summer and about 16 mpg in colder weather. On a long road trip in October, all but two of my fills were a bit over 20 mpg. Two fills, one involving some offroad driving, and another involving city driving, came it at around 17 mpg.

Cold weather definitely reduces mileage, I suspect due to running in open loop during the warmup period (and I will idle it to warm it up when it gets really cold, as in below 20 F). The highway driving on the road trip was mostly at around 75 mph.

·
Registered
310 Posts
On my 2017 SV 4x4 cc, on my daily commute, which is mostly mountain highway with a bit of city driving, I run about 17 mpg in the summer and about 16 mpg in colder weather. On a long road trip in October, all but two of my fills were a bit over 20 mpg. Two fills, one involving some offroad driving, and another involving city driving, came it at around 17 mpg.

Cold weather definitely reduces mileage, I suspect due to running in open loop during the warmup period (and I will idle it to warm it up when it gets really cold, as in below 20 F). The highway driving on the road trip was mostly at around 75 mph.
This my mpg for the two winter trips I have taken, my mpg is down from 20.25 to 19.13, 1.12 miles per gallon from my summer trips, about 6% drop for the winter blend gas

Attachments

81 - 90 of 90 Posts