Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Pro-4xCC 6-speed. I used to drive a 1998 Frontier 4x4KC 2.4l.

According to this website, I am gaining one MPG with the new truck.

I only have 100 miles on the pro-4x and I'm sitting at about 14.2 MPG, but slowly rising.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A single snapshot off a dash tripometer is meaningless, let us know what a 5 tank pen and paper avg is,not a software algorithm coded by optimistic engr's reads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I Average 16 mpg around town. Pretty much every tank is in the 16 range.
Did a 400 mile road tip yesterday, mostly highway, I was shocked to get 19 mpg on 2 tanks and then 23 on one tank! Even with a 4x4! Frankly I was shocked to see that 23 number when I did the math.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great posts here. I am new and my pre-owned 2019 4x4 4.0L KC is currently around 16 mpg. I "mostly" do highway driving, but I also have a few large inclines to/from work.

I have had this for slightly over two weeks, so I'll be monitoring as I go on with an app on my Android phone. To be honest, for all the power this has, I don't mind getting 2 mpg less than my now dead 4.0 liter Ranger got. Since I am just now coming up to 19000 miles, sounds like my mileage may actually improve some.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great posts here. I am new and my pre-owned 2019 4x4 4.0L KC is currently around 16 mpg. I "mostly" do highway driving, but I also have a few large inclines to/from work.

I have had this for slightly over two weeks, so I'll be monitoring as I go on with an app on my Android phone. To be honest, for all the power this has, I don't mind getting 2 mpg less than my now dead 4.0 liter Ranger got. Since I am just now coming up to 19000 miles, sounds like my mileage may actually improve some.
If your Truck is pure stock you will see the 22mpg easy and i'll tell you how
Stay within 2000-2200 Rpms on the last gear 5th Auto 6th Manual and roll between 60-70 Mph that is basically the sweet spot that will bring your MPG up anything faster will knock it down
I can get up to 17Mpg on a moded Truck and that is driving like a snail or just keep steady 70 and be consistent you'll rack up but the problem is you can't drive like that all the time
The more Hwy time the better

I am currently maintaining 13.2 on the street

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your Truck is pure stock you will see the 22mpg easy and i'll tell you how
Stay within 2000-2200 Rpms on the last gear 5th Auto 6th Manual and roll between 60-70 Mph that is basically the sweet spot that will bring your MPG up anything faster will knock it down
I can get up to 17Mpg on a moded Truck and that is driving like a snail or just keep steady 70 and be consistent you'll rack up but the problem is you can't drive like that all the time
The more Hwy time the better

I am currently maintaining 13.2 on the street
I appreciate the tip Tommy! My drive is 30 miles each way to/from work. 29 miles is all highway, but 65 is the highest speed I can safely go to avoid any tickets :>)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I appreciate the tip Tommy! My drive is 30 miles each way to/from work. 29 miles is all highway, but 65 is the highest speed I can safely go to avoid any tickets :>)
Well then you should be in the curve and that's a good thing anything 60-70 is perfectly fine to get you to the numbers you want to see
Make sure your air filter is clean that may be why you have a low number and change to a better synthetic I use royal purple

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well then you should be in the curve and that's a good thing anything 60-70 is perfectly fine to get you to the numbers you want to see
Make sure your air filter is clean that may be why you have a low number and change to a better synthetic I use royal purple
Yeah, I used Mobile One on my ole Ranger. I just got this rig 2 weeks ago, so it has dealer 5w-30 in it after the "Certification" inspection, I believe. Since I am getting older and lazier, I'll probably do the Dealer Oil deal where they use a synthetic blend on their Oil Change for life. The deal is for $399.99 and they change out the oil/ rotate the tires every 5000 miles and a car wash.......

I did the same deal on my wife's new Rogue. Saves me money and labor in the long run. My wife is really going to win on the deal because she drives @ 3500 miles per month for her job........

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah, I used Mobile One on my ole Ranger. I just got this rig 2 weeks ago, so it has dealer 5w-30 in it after the "Certification" inspection, I believe. Since I am getting older and lazier, I'll probably do the Dealer Oil deal where they use a synthetic blend on their Oil Change for life. The deal is for $399.99 and they change out the oil/ rotate the tires every 5000 miles and a car wash.......

I did the same deal on my wife's new Rogue. Saves me money and labor in the long run. My wife is really going to win on the deal because she drives @ 3500 miles per month for her job........
Sounds like you have it worked out and if you ever want to do a little 2 inch lift hahaha I still have my old kit and shocks that are brand new probably let it go for 250.00 since the lift is blocks and spacers +Bilstiens 5100's that goes to anyone not just Hebrews hahaha

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just stopped calculating my mileage. It hurts. I reckon thats what I get for the titan swap, steel skids, roof rack, and rock sliders. I'm sure with the bumper and winch going on soon, I'll lose even more.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is accurate.

Years ago I had a Legacy 2.5GT. The gearing was extremely short, which gave it impressive acceleration considering the horsepower, but that translated to something like 3000+ RPM at 75 MPH. Gas mileage was awful, but gas was also cheaper back then. Even so, the gas tank was so small that I was filling up constantly during trips.

The only solution was to cruise at 60-65 in the slow lane with the semi trucks. On short highway trips, the difference in arrival time was negligible. I've since relearned this old habit and drive the Frontier accordingly, though my highway trips are pretty limited. My commute is over 90% city.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts