Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Like I said, not a lot of trips and all are short. Best data I have is right after I bought it, filled it completely and reset. Drove till past light on, filled again, took 18.5 gallons leaving 2.5 in the 21g tank. Trip reading was 204 miles, giving me right at 11mpg. The rest have been top offs and quick math, curious to see what the app says. Makes sense though. City miles are bad but if you're only putting on 50 a week it's not that bad. Like I said, spending less on gas than my impala that had the digital thing that said 18-24mpg on average
That’s worse mpg than a modern v8 and they are a lot more fun. I getting 18 mpg (same truck)driving 22 miles round tip everyday around town

·
Registered
13 Posts
So as stated, I've got a 2019 SV 4.0 4x4. I live in a hilly neighborhood, work close to home, so not a ton of highway miles. Ive done some mods to the truck, but all are cosmetic minus the cold air intake I put on. So my issue is.. based on resetting odometer after filing up.. looks like im averaging about 10mpg. I don't drive "fast" or open throttle or anything.. i know city mpg is obviously lower but I'm not getting anywhere near the 15mpg/city listed on the vehicle. 17k miles, everything runs great, still under warranty. Is this normal or should I look into getting tuned or something done to help? Thanks in advance

Using regular 87 gas if that matters.. I rarely use 4wd also (like ~1% of the time if bad road conditions)
Ive been testing mine recently. Just Moved out of Denver and into the mountains. I was getting in City driving about 230-250 to a full tank. Moving into the mountains with almost no stop and go traffic I was able to get about 300 to a full tank. I drive fast and hard. So I certainly dont get the best gas mileage. But if you increase the air pressure in the tires u will get a little bit better mpgs. But you will wear ur tires faster. Which is fine with me since the wife wont allow me to buy BF Good All Terrains until the stock ones are Done. I just hit 15,000 miles on mine..
Id say I was averaging 13 MPGs in the city, And Im probably at 15-17 on my mountain commute now. The only MOD
that might change my gas Mileage is The topper. But I imagine the gas I save from the topper is probably lost from the extra weight of the topper... I dont know. I certainly did not buy this truck for its fuel efficiency.

Not sure if I actually just answered anything for you. Or just rambled on about my personal life.
what was the question ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ive been testing mine recently. Just Moved out of Denver and into the mountains. I was getting in City driving about 230-250 to a full tank. Moving into the mountains with almost no stop and go traffic I was able to get about 300 to a full tank. I drive fast and hard. So I certainly dont get the best gas mileage. But if you increase the air pressure in the tires u will get a little bit better mpgs. But you will wear ur tires faster. Which is fine with me since the wife wont allow me to buy BF Good All Terrains until the stock ones are Done. I just hit 15,000 miles on mine..
Id say I was averaging 13 MPGs in the city, And Im probably at 15-17 on my mountain commute now. The only MOD
that might change my gas Mileage is The topper. But I imagine the gas I save from the topper is probably lost from the extra weight of the topper... I dont know. I certainly did not buy this truck for its fuel efficiency.

Not sure if I actually just answered anything for you. Or just rambled on about my personal life.
what was the question ?
300 per tank is good for these trucks. That 4.0 is a gem of a motor that makes strong low end torque similar to a v8

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
85 Posts
I run about 350miles per tank at the moment, mixed driving. Using cruise control helps a lot

·
Registered
2 Posts
So as stated, I've got a 2019 SV 4.0 4x4. I live in a hilly neighborhood, work close to home, so not a ton of highway miles. Ive done some mods to the truck, but all are cosmetic minus the cold air intake I put on. So my issue is.. based on resetting odometer after filing up.. looks like im averaging about 10mpg. I don't drive "fast" or open throttle or anything.. i know city mpg is obviously lower but I'm not getting anywhere near the 15mpg/city listed on the vehicle. 17k miles, everything runs great, still under warranty. Is this normal or should I look into getting tuned or something done to help? Thanks in advance

Using regular 87 gas if that matters.. I rarely use 4wd also (like ~1% of the time if bad road conditions)
I have a 2017 Frontier S V flex fuel and a 2019 Frontier S L and the 17 get better mileage

·
Registered
99 Posts
So as stated, I've got a 2019 SV 4.0 4x4. I live in a hilly neighborhood, work close to home, so not a ton of highway miles. Ive done some mods to the truck, but all are cosmetic minus the cold air intake I put on. So my issue is.. based on resetting odometer after filing up.. looks like im averaging about 10mpg.
I have “the same truck”. 2019 4.0 V6 SV 4x4, CC.
I have tracked my fuel mileage (every tank) since day one. After 18 months and 8,800 miles I have averaged 18.3 MPG.

·
Registered
72 Posts

That's some pretty horrible gas mileage. Don't think I could make mine get that bad. I do better than that towing stuff. If you're all stock except for the cold air intake, I would look directly at that. It's unnecessary to begin with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That's some pretty horrible gas mileage. Don't think I could make mine get that bad. I do better than that towing stuff. If you're all stock except for the cold air intake, I would look directly at that. It's unnecessary to begin with.
Eh, it was same before. Actually haven't filled up since (had a covid scare). Just like the look/ sound. I do live in an extremely hilly area, and as mentioned nearly all trips are under 5 minutes.. maybe once a week or less actually drive further. Maybe im doing something wrong calculation wise (idk, I passed calculus 3 somehow), and haven't filled up since installing fuelly app. Checked tires they're all 38-40psi. Drove an impala with a 3.5L v6 before so not THAT big of a jump.. we'll see and I'll keep updated once ive got more info from app. Going to add some fuel system cleaner and get full synth oil change/ fluids topped after Thanksgiving

·
Registered
841 Posts
You need to take it on longer drives a couple of times per week. You need to get everything warmed up really good, like 20-25 miles highway.That's the only way to keep your exhaust components from rotting out in a couple of years and will help your other major components last longer as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You need to take it on longer drives a couple of times per week. You need to get everything warmed up really good, like 20-25 miles highway.That's the only way to keep your exhaust components from rotting out in a couple of years and will help your other major components last longer as well.
Yep they will rot out

41 - 50 of 50 Posts