Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my 2010 that the gas gauge seems to be inaccurate. When i fill my tank, the needle goes way past the "F" mark. I'd say a full needles width past. And when i'm getting low on gas, the warning light comes on when the needle is between the 1/4 and 1/8 mark. Is this normal/common? Is it something I should it to service for?

thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
My 08 is the same.

·
Super Moderator
19,970 Posts
I have never seen my low fuel light but my needle does go way above the full mark and it has on every Nissan I have owned.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
mine is the same, when my low gas light comes on when i fill up i think i only end up putting 17 gal in if i fill up right away and we have a 20 or 21 gal tank

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
If all the above posts didn't say it (lol) it's working fine. Just drive it and enjoy yourself.

Clint

·
Registered
250 Posts
The service manual says that the gas light will come on when there is 3 1/8 gallons of fuel left. This is also when the DTE on the trip computer will start flashing.

When the DTE on the trip computer changes to --- regardless of what setting you had it on, there is less than 2.5 gallons of fuel left.

Don't know if that helps you at all..

Rick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It just seems odd that something like the gas gauge would be something so inaccurate. OK, at least I know it's normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts