Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Called Nissan today about my Fronty gas gauge problem. They asked me to call the NHTA at 1-888-327-4236 and file a report since so many problems have been reported with the gas gauges. Seems they need the NHTA to give some sort of OK to start the recall on it they need more people to complain first. Please have everyone that has had this problem contact the NHTA and file a report so that WE ALL can get this problem fixed by Nissan. You can also try looking at Safercar.gov for some more information. Administrators please make this a big topic for all to see...Thanks:fantastic:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/recalls-fix-nissan-brake-pedals-gas-gauges-56813/

I spoke to my SoCal Nissan Dealer yesterday (Thurs), and they have the parts in stock, but said they could not "hold" the parts per se, until I came in on Sat (tomorrow) for some other thing they need to check out.

Matter of fact, I got a mailer from Nissan on the fuel tank/gas guage possibly reading wrong issue. I'm going to get it done, but as of right now, my truck is not having the issue.

I dont see why you would have to call NHTSA if this is the same issue. Maybe the Nissan rep didnt look through TSB's out for your truck before recommending it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I currently have the gas gauge problem that gives code P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage. The gauge reads any where from empty to full and anywhere in between at any time. I called Nissan to check on the recall that StorminSoCal is talking about. They checked my VIN and said my vehicle wasn't on the list AND that's when the Nissan representative chimed in and told me to call the NTHA since she'd heard of so many others complaining of the same problem on Frontiers and Xteras. I was told if the recall was approved at some later date that I'd be refunded the cost of the repair. We just need all the owners that DO have the sending unit problem to call in and complain. Without sufficient numbers it won't be approved. As far as the timing chains go I can only guess that it might work too if enough people complained. NO COMPLAINTS MEAN NOTHING IS WRONG!!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gas sensor is on recall, the general distribution fix is in the works, not sure whats taking so long however

Good idea to get people on the timing chain issue tho, that is a CRAP fix to have to do out of your own pocket and unless a lot of people complain, Nissan is gonna do nothign about it. Only reason they're doing the gas tank recalls right now is that the heat is on all automakers to ensure that none of their vehicles have any safety risks, but with teh cost of a timing chain replacement, I doubt they'll be so eager to start fixing this one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts