Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a mod on my 2009 Honda Civic SI that uses a VDC off switch as my garage door opener, I have an 06 SE and I was wondering if the VDC switch that come on other models is a momentary switch so I could integrate my door opener in my fronty, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yes it is

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good idea! I had an extra fog light switch in my Jetta that I used as a manual fan switch.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You so need to do a write up on this mod if you do it.
Will do I completed my 09 SI Sedan on monday so I will order up one of those switches and do a write up for sure. I don't want to replace my mirror to get homelink, plus this is a much easier install than the homelink setup

Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
194 Posts
I did mine with one of the extra window switches from doing the switch plate upgrade from two door to the four door one. The garage door opener is hidden in the dash, I hard wired into the opener and then used a relay from one of the extra window switches, push down it actvates garage door and pull up it unlaches my hard tonnoue cover. Plus they will only work if the key is turned on.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
grampy, I wish you were closer to me. You have so many great ideas. The door opener would be nice as would a bed cover lock. I already have the CC switches installed I just don't have the expertise to go from there.

OkieScot

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay guys/gals my parts will be here in about a week but I am leaving on vacation with my wife so give me a couple of weeks and I will do a detailed write up of the install with part numbers and photos

thanks for the info on the switch

·
Registered
42 Posts
What do you mean by VDC switch? Volts DC, I'd guess but that doesn't tell me enough.

I added a garage door opener to the Harley by simply soldering a switch across the existing switch of a replacement door opener hidden behind the side cover. I'd love to do similar with the truck using one of the blank switch positions on the SE. Does anybody know of a momentary switch that fits the blank?

·
Registered
296 Posts
vdc switch is "Vehicle Dynamic Control" aka traction control. The vehicles that have it typically have the switch in the center console switch plate. Some (like me) have decided to swap it over to the blanks to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So what are you guys doing to do this? Are you just using a standard garage door opener? Cause this sounds nice!

·
Registered
42 Posts
So what are you guys doing to do this? Are you just using a standard garage door opener? Cause this sounds nice!
When I did the bike, I did use a standard opener. I just opened it up and jumpered another switch with a long wire across the original one (original one still works and is still powered by battery). Then ran the wire up along the frame and installed the switch into the back of the speedo housing using a specific Harley switch to fit. The only problem with doing it this way for the truck is the battery in the opener. Eventually it is going to run out, but you don't want to have to open the dash every time you need to change it.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
The good thing about a Homelink set-up is that there is no power to it without the keys being in the ignition unlike a standard opener.
Just saying, it's much more crook proof.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts