Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search, but could not find a specific thread that addesses my question. If I have missed I apologize beforehand and please point me in the right direction. I just picked up my 2016 Pro 4X this past Saturday and I am really happy with it. Yesterday when I wanted to put the sunshade I noticed a gap between the dash and windshield and the foam is exposed. In some sections it is as much as an inch. Is the gap and the foam being exposed normal and am I just being paranoid. My other vehicles have never had this gap. I appreciate any input.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Mine has about a 3/4 inch gap where you can see the foam across the front of the dash (2015 Pro-4X). Any windshield I have ever seen installed has been mounted using a foam or rubber seal to allow a little flex and seal out moisture. I would guess there is some noise reduction as well.

It was that way in each one we test drove... I assume that is normal. Unless it leaks, I wouldn't worry about it....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Normal, I think. At least the situation is the same for me on my 2013. Normally the foam is out of sight in the gap but occasionally sticks to the sun screen and pulls out a bit when I go to remove the screen; this usually occurs after the truck has been parked in the sun for awhile. I don't know if the foam was originally anchored in some way and has now come loose - perhaps.

·
Super Moderator
10,434 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I guess it is normal.
Welcome to the forum, don't worry about the gap just enjoy the truck.
Now I'm going to have to look at mine, lol.

Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I guess it is normal.
Trust me it is not normal 2019 Altima just purchased has same issues 2 day after purchase of vehicle 6 times to shop keep pushing down the foam last time they just pulled out I am now waiting to hear from consumer center I just taking it back new car =perfect car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts