Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fine folks of CF.

Recently joined the club w/ a 2011 SV 4x4 long bed ;) with 104k on it. Appreciate what you all do for the community.

The leaf springs were super rusted out and worn down and a couple had even broken off the ends. I ordered some HD springs from General Springs and threw em on yesterday. Everything fit well except with the lower shackle mounts. There's a gap between the lip of the new bushing and the eye on the spring of ~5mm after torquing to spec.

Troubleshooting: First thought would be the stock bushings and the new ones are different total lengths. They are not. They are the same length. Second thought would be something got lodged between the bushings on the pictured side??? It's the same on both sides. Third thought is that the stock springs and aftermarkets are different widths?? Good question I haven't checked that.

Any initial thoughts on this? Has anyone experienced this before? What am I likely to feel while driving with that 5mm gap in there? Vibration? Clunking? Also, will def call General Springs tomorrow.

IMG_3685.JPG

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think it's going to be a problem. It sounds like the new springs are just a tad narrower than the stockers. If you got them torqued properly there won't be any vibration or clunking...they'll perform just as expected.

On another note...how much rear lift did you get out of them since you got the HD springs? Also after you take a ride can you let me know how they ride compared to the stockers? I may get me a pair of those in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's going to be a problem. It sounds like the new springs are just a tad narrower than the stockers. If you got them torqued properly there won't be any vibration or clunking...they'll perform just as expected.

On another note...how much rear lift did you get out of them since you got the HD springs? Also after you take a ride can you let me know how they ride compared to the stockers? I may get me a pair of those in the future. Thanks!
Nothing to worry about.

Gentlemen and scholars. Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I forgot to measure before jacking the truck up :/ but now i'm actually balanced front to back with about 13.5" ground to frame rail up front and 13.75" ground to frame rail in the back. My guess is maybe an inch max (though I was told 1.5"+ by General Springs). I've currently got a cab height fiberglass camper shell on there (not sure of weight) and an empty tool box (~50lbs?) in the bed, so nothing crazy.

sorry I couldn't be of more help!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I forgot to measure before jacking the truck up :/ but now i'm actually balanced front to back with about 13.5" ground to frame rail up front and 13.75" ground to frame rail in the back. My guess is maybe an inch max (though I was told 1.5"+ by General Springs). I've currently got a cab height fiberglass camper shell on there (not sure of weight) and an empty tool box (~50lbs?) in the bed, so nothing crazy.

sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Ok thanks for the info. 🍻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts