Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Frontier 2001 SE V6 4x4
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a abs light issue a while back dealing with the wheel abs sensor and couldn't really get it fixed but now the computer is telling me that its the G sensor code C1113. I did it with my professional scanner, I didn't use the paperclip blinking trick. I got a gsensor off a xterra in the junkyard and installed it and cleared the codes and immediately upon starting the car the light would not go off. So I reinstalled the original one and now it seems to do it every now (turn on the abs warning light on the gauge cluster) and then but fairly frequent. the brake shuddering problem that happened with the wheel sensor stopped. do xterras and frontier use the same sensor as both cars have different mass therefore the sensor is calibrated with xterra not having so much mass to the back? maybe I'm wrong but hopefully someone knows. it hasn't slipped so far in the rain. I just do what abs does except much slower when needed so its not the biggest problem for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
First, testing flow charts are available in the service manual which is available here - https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals Once downloaded, look for the br (brake) section, and search for the C1113 code.

My light had been coming on too. Tested and checked everything around the sensor, and it all came back OK. During either the ground or 12V test on the wires, I set up the meter so I could see it from under the hood, and started wiggling wires and connectors. Turns out the sensor lost power when I wiggled the main harness going into the ABS system by the master cylinder. I have not tracked down which one it is yet since I'm not driving it in the summer, but I'm guessing bad connector, or faulty terminal on the board inside the module.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts