Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! :hi:

Well, time for me to finally make my introduction. I've been lurking around for a while gathering as much info as possible on the Frontier. Well, I took the plunge yesterday, and I've put a deposit down on a new 2010 King Cab Frontier SE V6 6-Speed 4x4 in Radiant Silver.

I'm sure as most of you know, they are just about impossible to find in that configuration...so, I have a build order in on one. I expect it to be completed and take delivery on it sometime in mid-Feb or so.

I was very lucky that a friend of mine who lives nearby already has a Pro-4X Frontier that he was kind enough to let me test drive. Once I drove it, I knew this was the truck for me.

So here I am, with my truck not even built yet...and I've already been ordering parts for it. I know, I know...modding is a sick addiction. I felt the truck was just too quiet at cruising speeds, and wanted to give it something with a bit more aggressive sound. After luring around the forum, and listening to as many audio/youtube clips as I could, I decided on a Banks exhaust. I've also already purchased some Husky floormats for the interior (don't want the carpets to get all dirty on the new truck :)) and a new Kenwood DNX-5120 touchscreen navigation unit for the dash as well.

*whew*

Now comes the hard part...waiting till the truck is finished!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Cool deal, already a few mods. You might also like the OEM fogs, good price, unless yours comes with, not sure at the SE trim.

Can't wait to see the pics of the DNX-5120 in, will look nice.

Congratz on the truck!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
welcome to the madness

FYI the banks mufflers dont like the north east so you might want to replace it with muffler of the same size from another company.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Welcome aboard.
You're going to love that six speed.
One of the best engine/gearbox combos I've ever driven.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You might also like the OEM fogs, good price, unless yours comes with, not sure at the SE trim.
Ah, you're right...I forgot to mention that as well. I AM getting the OEM fog lamps installed in the truck, since I knew that seeing the plastic inserts into the front bumper would drive me absolutely nuts.

FYI the banks mufflers dont like the north east so you might want to replace it with muffler of the same size from another company.
Yep, I've read the info on the Banks exhausts and I'm more than willing to take the risk and see if anything happens with it. I really liked the sound of the Banks, and I'm not about to go cutting into the system just to add a muffler; I'd rather install a full stainless catback and be done with it.

Of course, I'm coming form the S2000 world, and over there we pay at least twice as much for stainless catback systems for less than half the gains. This seems like a downright bargain by comparison :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well, I took the plunge yesterday, and I've put a deposit down on a new 2010 King Cab Frontier SE V6 6-Speed 4x4 in Radiant Silver.
:fantastic: :fantastic: :fantastic:

I know Crazy from the S2000 forum, I have been a Nissan truck driver since the early '90's, and I will admit, I played a little role in getting him into a Frontier, in fact, he is buying from the same great dealer I was able to find last year when I got the PRO-4X.

Crazy stopped out to my place the weekend before last, I let him use my truck for the test drive as it is a 4x4 V6 6-speed, and we had a blast.

Welcome Crazy! This is a great group of guys here.

Welcome aboard.
You're going to love that six speed.
One of the best engine/gearbox combos I've ever driven.
I AGREE! One of the best for sure, especially in a truck.

Even though Marc and I would be wrong for not mentioning our cars ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep, I've read the info on the Banks exhausts and I'm more than willing to take the risk and see if anything happens with it. I really liked the sound of the Banks, and I'm not about to go cutting into the system just to add a muffler; I'd rather install a full stainless catback and be done with it.
Which means I get to hear it before I buy, and as of right now, I'm leaning more towards the JBA cat-back.

·
Super Moderator
11,161 Posts
Hello all! :hi:

Well, time for me to finally make my introduction. I've been lurking around for a while gathering as much info as possible on the Frontier. Well, I took the plunge yesterday, and I've put a deposit down on a new 2010 King Cab Frontier SE V6 6-Speed 4x4 in Radiant Silver.

I'm sure as most of you know, they are just about impossible to find in that configuration...so, I have a build order in on one. I expect it to be completed and take delivery on it sometime in mid-Feb or so.

I was very lucky that a friend of mine who lives nearby already has a Pro-4X Frontier that he was kind enough to let me test drive. Once I drove it, I knew this was the truck for me.

So here I am, with my truck not even built yet...and I've already been ordering parts for it. I know, I know...modding is a sick addiction. I felt the truck was just too quiet at cruising speeds, and wanted to give it something with a bit more aggressive sound. After luring around the forum, and listening to as many audio/youtube clips as I could, I decided on a Banks exhaust. I've also already purchased some Husky floormats for the interior (don't want the carpets to get all dirty on the new truck :)) and a new Kenwood DNX-5120 touchscreen navigation unit for the dash as well.

*whew*

Now comes the hard part...waiting till the truck is finished!
Welcome to Club Frontier!
I just picked up my truck about 2 weeks ago. I too ordered it and you're looking at about an eight week wait. So a reasonable expectation would be the end of March. One other guy on here had his arrive in just under seven weeks. Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
welcome, i go to UB! and work at walden galleria

if ya need help with anything lemme know, ill help ya install it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome, i go to UB! and work at walden galleria

if ya need help with anything lemme know, ill help ya install it
I may just have to take you up on that offer - I work at UB :D

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
welcome to the club, i'm sure you'll love your truck. i can't wait to get back to mine, 9 more months deployed and i can drive her again

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts