2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
by popular demand... hahah

Year:1999
Make: Nissan (um DUH)
Model: Fronterra
Trim: XE
Color: Cloud White

i bought the truck for 800 bills from a contractor (beat on it HARD) with the body in the condition shown in the below pic... it had a cracked block (he tried to use some gunk to fix it and made the problem worse, there was the said gunk everywhere, i even had to get all new cats because they were clogged from it)... it would start up and run tho (drove home 30 miles with a black plume of smoke), woot! hahah

i dropped in a new motor, tranny and clutch (found a vg33 and tranny combo from a japanese importer with only 49k on it for a grand) and this is my first night out with it:

i didnt touch the truck mod wise for about a year to make sure it drove good

my first decision was to go duals

at first it was supposed to be a street truck.. sooooo the gayness known as euros went on :(

my focus changed when i went wheeling for the first time and got absolutly barried, soooo, new MTs (30s)/rims, t-bar crank, shackles, front light bar, and blacked out head/taillights went on

started wheeling more and with going to college, i night wheeled mostly, so light was more light was needed

found out my steering sucked... so i replaced it haha... still wasnt enough, now im waiting to put houdini's old L&P on

switched the exhaust again...

more wheeling

i then came down on my oil pan, so a call to shrock was made

ordered my lift cuz i was sick of how low i was, i also frenched my plate at this time... i still rocked the 30s hahah

went all rust crazy and decided to get rid of it for good, i couldnt stand it... nothing POR 15 couldnt handle

went to 33x1250s

cut out my secondary cats

lastly added a CB

Xterraaaaaa front grilllllll swap

wooottt

and go rid of that stock piece O bumper

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
all clean :D

added some LED tag lights to the frenched plate, now im legal

some manual hubssss

BLINGGGG for the new winch bumperrrrrr :D

had a gallon of herculiner and i was extremely bored... so i went to town

ohh and i POR-15'd my cancer

finally got some time to weld these absolute gems of work to my frame.. theyve been sitting in my garage since october

sorry for the dirty truck, had to try em out ;)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
painted goodies!

4.9 front diff!!!

Fed Ex man was pissed when hauling it lol

everyone knows the bumper crap but i want to consolidate

this pics for you brock ;)

decided to move the plate in a bit to clean it up a bit

now the rear bumper

F*CK these bolts

mock up, decided i NEED to box the frame and make it a bit longer

finally got a hold of a welder and spent all day today (sat) building these extensions and boxing the *** end of the frame plus built a tube cross member for more beef and a place to put rock lights (pics of that later once i get done cleaning it up)

started with the extension

boxed it and butt plated it so nothing moves.. plus drilled holes

i know, my welds arent the best, but there strong

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i shoulda just painted em this green and left it... it looks badass

the cross brace i made:

andddddd....

wait for it

wait for it

one last wait...

HA

pic of the cross brace for a little bit more rigid-ness

its on for good and thats all for today at least

went out to play on the rocks

here are some pics with the softopper, everyone says all i need now is a machine gun turret mounted on the roof and ill be able to pass military qualification :D

and installed the L&P stage 3

red = naice

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sitting there... for months on end...

snork:

DR rims:

OMF worked their magic:

HAHAHA old pic, but god i miss this day:

same day:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it from 4x4parts but they seem to not make it anymore, idk why

·
Registered
806 Posts
cause I was looking to buy one like that as I trying to keep my stock bumper. Why do you have it? and r u willing to seel it? let me know

·
Registered
876 Posts
What steering upgrades are those, I am not familiar with L&P. I just installed the The bilstien stabilizer kit and idler arm brace from AC, are they similar?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
What steering upgrades are those, I am not familiar with L&P. I just installed the The bilstien stabilizer kit and idler arm brace from AC, are they similar?
the L&P kit is a complete steering replacement, the centerlink now has spherical bearings in them, so no worries about busted BJs and they flex less which = no more bent TRAs

plus the idler and pitman arm are double shear which equals even less flex

·
Registered
876 Posts
Where did you pick those up? As far as I knew, the AC stuff was all that was made as far as strengthening up the steering for a 1st gen. I wonder how similar our trucks are, from those pics they look diff

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you pick those up? As far as I knew, the AC stuff was all that was made as far as strengthening up the steering for a 1st gen. I wonder how similar our trucks are, from those pics they look diff
unfortunately L&P went out of business, but their kits still float around, i bought mine from brian (houdini... guy with the big SASd red first gen)

SLR and total chaos also make complete kits

for a simple bomb proof steering, i suggest a new centerlink built by richard, it has spherical bearings and will out last the life of your truck

as for the trucks, we have the exact frame, the only different between ours is the front grill, hood, bumper and fenders... thats it

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
update for the summer

finally got my henneman fiberglass hood on, it was really not worth all the headaches and all the bondo/sanding.

it was badly damaged when i got it from them, both rear corners were crushed... so i had to rebuild each of them with the use of metal mesh and bondo. it also did not fit well at all, and the *** end of it sticks up about 1/4 of an inch even after using tips that hal gave me (owner of henneman). it took about 5 or so times of putting it on and tweaking the mounts and sanding down the back of the hood to even get it to close. but after all that, it was ready for some paint

primed:

wet sanded that beotch:

then put on 3 coats of universal dupicolor "nissan white" on:

it matched pretty damn good and i was happy with the quality of the paint (it was sprayed out of a can). i took my time on it, and wet sanded after every coat, working from 800 to 1200 grit paper. then once the final coat was on, i wet sanded it to 2000 grit, babyyy smooth.

time to paint the "scoop":

scoop done:

got the idea from a guys taco on pirate4x4, i thought it was unique so i sprayed it on with bedliner:

i then clear coated it and added windshield washer nozzles

heres it on thy truck :):

i also put on my OMF beadlocks with rockrings (it needs wheel spacers tho):

couple full shots:

i also started working on a king cab roof rack. what i did was take a crew cab roof rack and cut it down to 39.5" to fit on my roof. it took me 3 tries to get the welds to stick (the coating nissan uses is incredibly durable) but once it did, i grinded it smooth all the way around (i wanted a stock look) and test fitted it

today, i finished smoothing it and decided to test fit it.. and heres the result:

its not attached, but once i get this damn headliner out, the holes will get drilled... it will also be painted black and ill have graveyard graphics make a king cab sticker to put on the side (like the stock crew cab sticker)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do the rims need spacers? Is it due to the beadlocks or the tire?
hertz got it correct, i rub the frame at full lock

plus it just looks plan weird to me on how far in the tires are

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
everyone likes pictures!

got the roof rack completely on and did some more hurc-in

and the money shot...

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Nice truck man, i love the baby rack though haha.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts