Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Frontier I recently purchased had a trailer brake controller installed by the previous owner. It had power to it when I first got it, but the wire was just run across the top of the console. When I re-routed the wiring harness, I lost power to it. I finally got around to checking it out today, and found that one of the fusible links in the fuse box under the hood is blown. It is one of a set of three in one small enclosure. How do you swap these out? Do I have to replace the whole enclosure with all three links or can I just replace the one that is blown? Are they available anywhere other than the dealership? I have never had fusible links in any of my vehicles before, just regular fuses and relays, etc. Any help?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff024

Well, I went to the dealership today to try to figure out how to replace this fusible link. Nissan, in an engineering feat, has developed these to only be replaceable as a set, and it costs $17 instead of $.50 for a fuse. Guess I better get used to a new way of doing things to drive this truck.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts