Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Frontier (automatic). Anyone know if there is a fuse in the cabin for the backup lights? I'm wiring a backup camera and the mirror needs that lead.

In the engine compartment, it looks like there are two separate fuses I could use. Could anyone confirm that I have this right / wrong?

F21: REV LAMP IGN: I assume the normal reverse lights? Anyone know why it has IGN on it?

F16: TTOW REV LAMP: Trailer wiring reverse lights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone else with this issue, the electrical tech at the local nissan dealer said there is no fuse for the backup lights specifically and that I need to hardwire the power from the backup light itself.

Yesterday I tried using a tap-a-fuse on both F21 and F16 but neither worked... both had constant power regardless of whether in reverse or not. I guess that confirms what their tech is saying.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
so what was you ultimate solution?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Passenger kick panel has the wiring for the trailer wiring. I'm pretty sure there is a wire in there for the reverse lights. I think one of the trailer tow relays may be for the reverse lights. That gets you reverse power in the cab. And if you go back to the trailer plug, reverse lights for the camera without messing with your regular backup light wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Frontier (automatic). Anyone know if there is a fuse in the cabin for the backup lights? I'm wiring a backup camera and the mirror needs that lead.

In the engine compartment, it looks like there are two separate fuses I could use. Could anyone confirm that I have this right / wrong?

F21: REV LAMP IGN: I assume the normal reverse lights? Anyone know why it has IGN on it?

F16: TTOW REV LAMP: Trailer wiring reverse lights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was working on adding additional backup lights and accidentally shorted the hotwire to ground. I knew it had blown a fuse but the Users Manual was not helpful. I drove to the nearest Nissan dealer and talked to the guy at the parts department. He had made the claim that there was no fuse as well. However, I pulled the fuse panel out and found the F21 was the issue. This is located in the larger fuse compartment under the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Frontier SV 2WD, with VTP and Utilitrack & Alpine IWX-650
1 Posts
you need to be on lamp side of relay
So how do I do this? It makes sense, but I don’t know how to find this after relay wire? For the record, mine is a 2018. I’ve just installed an Alpine IWX-650.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts