Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to ask this, but I can't seem to find the answer by browsing or searching the forum...

What options do I have for a FULL exhaust system... I mean everything from the manifolds back... most all systems I see are CAT back and that of course leaves the crossover pipe, etc... everything between the cats and manifolds is missing!

So again, What options do I have for a FULL exhaust system...

thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tks for the replies guys...

I guess then the answer to my question is "no" you can't buy an over-the-counter Full system... gotta get some custom work in there somewhere to replace everything...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Actually Dt longtubes along with any good catback system would require no custom work at all. It would be all bolt on. The only issue at all is possible SES lights from eliminating the the primary cats.
The headers would go straight through to the secondary cats and bolt to their front flange. The catback systems with bolt to the rear flange of the secondary cats and go all the way back. Basically a bolt on system.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
We have manifolds. There not too bad, but they certainly don't flow as good as headers. Here is the factory manifolds vs OBX equal length headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not for nothing but we have 6 cyl. trucks. I love my 09 6 speed but it's not a v8. I have the Superchips cortex and the WOT mode is worth the money alone. For real raw power I'll get into my 73 Pontiac TA with a 455 mild work and run an easy 12.5 qtr. and have tons of low end torque to blow the tires up for as long as I'd like with just a step of the pedal. I'm just saying if you want a vehicle that fast don't spend crazy money on a 6 cyl. trying to go fast. I'll say again I love my 09 6 speed, it's the best pick up I've owned.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Not for nothing but we have 6 cyl. trucks. I love my 09 6 speed but it's not a v8. I have the Superchips cortex and the WOT mode is worth the money alone. For real raw power I'll get into my 73 Pontiac TA with a 455 mild work and run an easy 12.5 qtr. and have tons of low end torque to blow the tires up for as long as I'd like with just a step of the pedal. I'm just saying if you want a vehicle that fast don't spend crazy money on a 6 cyl. trying to go fast. I'll say again I love my 09 6 speed, it's the best pick up I've owned.
I understand what your saying. I agree a built big block V8 is always going to have a big step forward in performance. A small block too for that matter. However, I also had a couple fast V8's--a built 70 Cutlass and a 13.0sec v8 s10, but for actually being fun to drive, my "tweaked" V6 6 speed wins hands down. No contest. 6 speed being the key factor. Plus I think its cool have a fairly quick vehicle that has the full capability that trucks have.
As side note, I can also light my tires up, from a roll, at any speed in 1st gear, and I've even done it plenty of times, again from a roll, in 2nd gear. I'm talking 30-50mph light ups. Not too bad for a 4000lb + V6 pickup. Thats one of the obvious improvements my cams made--very strong mid range. But no, I'm no match for a built V8. But for many stock V8's, that's often a different story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.