Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this longblock to build for my TT setup. Since I sold the car I no longer need the motor. It was pulled out with under 30k on the motor with no problems. The valve covers although are pictured are NOT included. I sold them separately. Only asking $500 which is a STEAL for this motor. PM me if you have any questions.

I also have a Greddy oil pan from my TT kit that I would like to get ride of too for $50. It's the over sized aluminum oil pan with cooling fins.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Palm Bay

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
oh man... wish i had some money now! if i'm not mistaken this is the older VQ block so not identical to the VQ40 block but the heads are the same and the lower intake. it should work in a frontier just fine. differences were coolant and oil passages iirc

ben, this needs to be in your 240 tomorrow

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh man... wish i had some money now! if i'm not mistaken this is the older VQ block so not identical to the VQ40 block but the heads are the same and the lower intake. it should work in a frontier just fine. differences were coolant and oil passages iirc

ben, this needs to be in your 240 tomorrow
This is the same block as the VQ40DE except the cooling path, crank, girdle and upper oil pan. The cooling path can be added, a lot of the FI guys do it. I can not comment on the heads though. I don't know if they are the same. It came out of a 06 Z. They're was the VQ35DE in the 03-some 05's, the VQ35DR Rev-Up which this is and were in manual 05's- all 06's. Then the VQ35HR for 07-08 models.

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
99.9% sure the upper end is the same on our VQ's, i know the cams are interchangeable, makes me think the heads are the same as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts