Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new head unit with built in Nav so I no longer need this. I have TWO of the Nissan Garmin Nuvi mounts for sale. As most of you know, these are getting hard to find, and they were made to fit the Frontier up to 2012. Starting in 2013, they modified the center dash pod in the truck some so that these no longer fit. I have modified both of these so that they fit. Why do I have two? I bought the first one and did heavy modifications with a dremel to get it to fit. The fit along the curve of the top of the center pod wasn't absolutely perfect, leaving a slight gap of may 1/16 inch in places. The ocd part of me wanted to try again, so I bought another one and modified it. Turned out the same, so the fit that you see of the one mounted in the pictures is the same for both units. I first bought a 2013 KC and had it mounted in it, then I traded for a 2014 CC and mounted it in it. So I know for sure it fits 2013 and 2014. I have no knowledge if they have further modified the center pod in 2015 or 2016.

Notice the picture taken through the windshield. It shows that a small gap is visible from the front of the truck if you are looking for it. I noticed it when I first installed and never noticed it again. Also notice that you will have to drill two small holes in the top of the center pod to line up with the silver screw heads that you see in the front corners of where the gps opening is. These screws are covered when the gps is lowered and the cover is closed. The holes that you will drill will also be covered with either this thing in place or the recessed plate currently on the top of your center pod. So nothing to worry about there.

I also have the Garmin Nuvi 750 that I bought new in 2013. It also has a 4gb sd card installed. The maps were updated shortly after I bought it.

I am selling one of these as a mount by itself, and one with the Garmin Nuvi 750 included. Installation instructions are included with both units, and there is also a sticky on this forum at the top of the audio/video section showing how to install it as well.

These mounts cost me around $110 each, and I don't remember how much the GPS was. I spent a couple hours on each one with a dremel to get it to fit.

I'm selling the mount by itself for $125 shipped.
Mount with Nuvi is $225 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only 5 pics per post allowed.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Putting these up on ebay soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mount with the Nuvi is sold. Still have the mount without the Nuvi.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a long time since I was on the forum, but was in the garage and noticed that I still have the GPS mount without the Nuvi. Still for sale if anyone wants it. Not sure if the dash in these trucks has changed again recently, but I know for sure it fits 2013 and 2014.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Interested. Trying to find out if updates are still available for the Nuvi 750 if I pick up a cheap one for this mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah....I forgot....SOLD!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts