Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Frontier 2wd king cab
314 Posts
While installing a trailer wiring on my Fronty, I discovered that it already had a tow package and I only needed the 4-way flat connector. So now I have a new, unused wiring harness, purchased from eTrailer. LINK: T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector Tow Ready Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring 118525.

Price: $20 + 5.80 for flat-rate shipping.

PM me if interested. And thanks for looking.
Well that's interesting for sure I bought the 118525 kit that etrailer suggested. But the nissan dealer said it wasn't correct. They said our 2018 frontier required the 999t8-br004 harness. I did install the 118525 and it worked for about a year and then the tow lights went nuts. Internment issues like turn signals stop then start working again. Brake light on one side staying on, hazard lights starting and stopping. So I'm wondering if the wiring in the 2 harnesses is different? Just enough to work but not correctly over time. These bcm modules seem finicky sometimes. Which questions which harness is actually compatible with whichever model year bcm.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If they were different at all, the problems would have been immediate. An incorrect harness isn't going to work for a while then crap out. Wrong is wrong.

·
Registered
2018 Frontier 2wd king cab
314 Posts
Well it happened as to why not sure. It worked for quite awhile, and just started making the lights go all kinds of crazy. Didn't buy the other either because they have had similar complaints as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts