Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a set of Radflo 2.0 Lift Coilovers for sale. These were designed for use with OEM upper arms and sell for $769 new on the PRG site.

I will sell these for $325 shipped to the lower 48.

The Good:

-Includes Spanner Wrench for adjusting coils
-750# Eibach springs for balancing the extra weight of armor or an aftermarket front bumper/winch
-2-2.5" of lift on 4x4 models, without the annoying "CLANG!" of coil bucket contact like you would get with spacer lifts
-Shock bodies are in great shape, just a little dirty in the pictures.

The So-So:

-Powdercoat on the upper mounts is starting to flake off; hardware should be replaced
-Lower mount on one side - the bolt seized/rust-welded into the shock eye. This can be replaced, I just wanted you to know about it. I ended up having to cut the bolt off to get the coilover out.

Here's my recommendation: These should be rebuilt/reconditioned before installation, if only to get a new shock eye installed in the one and the upper mounts cleaned up.

-On buyer's say, I will ship these direct to Greg @ PRG or your choice of company for rebuild, who can then ship/deliver them to you without you having to lose time and money in shipping these 3 times across the country.

-You will need to set this up with Greg/your Co. first as the buyer, since I will not be providing the rebuild as part of my selling price. I am selling these at over 50% discount from new due to the need for rebuild.

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking! :hi:

·
Registered
843 Posts
steve,

good luck with the sale , priced nicely. what direction you going with next, if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
13,443 Posts
PM sent. Anyone know how much the rebuild and repair might run me? Are these going to ride like butt with a stock bumper? I know the ride will be stiffer; just wondering HOW stiff. Is it possible to run these with aftermarket UCAs? The explanation on PRG's web site regarding the aftermarket UCAs confuses me. I currently have a 2.5 inch lift in the front and so would prefer to run the COs at 2.5 inches (so they'd be cranked all the way up). Sorry for the stupid questions; be gentle. :)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so maybe you guys looked at the first pix that i posted and thought to yourselves, "damn, those things are beat all to within an inch of their lives"

well, i thought about that, then decided to just hit them with some simple green and clean them up a bit. 5 minutes later, you have what you now see above.

these shock bodies and coils really are in great shape overall. this is a great deal for someone out there - check out my itrader ratings or pm me f you have any questions or concerns whatsoever.

·
Registered
400 Posts
call radflo and they can give you a price on the rebuild
i should be only like 80 at the most and 200 for new springs

·
Premium Member
13,443 Posts
call radflo and they can give you a price on the rebuild
i should be only like 80 at the most and 200 for new springs
They quoted me $90-110 to rebuild both shocks...can't remember how much they quoted me for the shock eye hardware.

These Radflos are a great deal....I almost bought them. I can't believe they're still here either.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The So-So:

-Powdercoat on the upper mounts is starting to flake off; hardware should be replaced
-Lower mount on one side - the bolt seized/rust-welded into the shock eye. This can be replaced, I just wanted you to know about it. I ended up having to cut the bolt off to get the coilover out.
Have you tried drilling out the bolt? Maybe you can save the lower end mount.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you tried drilling out the bolt? Maybe you can save the lower end mount.
i have not, but it looks like it may be able to be done. someone on tnx suggested the same thing the other day. i dont have the proper tools to risk it though.

I know you said these are good for 2-3" of lift but can they be lowered to OEM height?
this i do not know. i would say, if you are unable to get in touch with PRG, pm irongrave here, since he helped design/work out the flaws for radflos for an oem height/drop height application. he may be able to answer that question better than i.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.