Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No more truck i got a srt4 caliber.No need for two trucks and I wanted a Turbo car and The evo was too much so I went with a caliber.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You said 200 for the cortex programmer? Is it locked or unlocked?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I returned everything back to stock on my truck

How do i check im a gadget noob

Also for sale. 8 Tie down Cleats10 ea plus shipping Bedextender with brackets for utilitrack 125+ shipping I am in 19116

i pluged the cortex in to my desktop and it is set to stock so i guess its unlocked.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I returned everything back to stock on my truck

How do i check im a gadget noob
If everything, read all settings are back to stock then the Cortex is no longer vin locked, meaning ready for any vehicle.
$200 for a Superchips Cortex is a steal.

Also, how many rotors/pads, front only or all four corners (just a general question for the masses)?
Who makes the rotors?

Free bump for ya.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
All 4 corners dimpled/slotted with pads.Look up Rotorpros.net to see the kit was like 300 shipped never installed so you will save a few bucks this way.

Also the vin # is still in the cortex but it saysTuning is stock.I am going back to the dealer monday so if i need to is there something elseI need to do?Superchips said as long as it is set to stock thats fine but I dont wanna screw anyone.Also they will unlock it for 100 bucks so it is still cheaper this way anyway you look at it.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Also the vin # is still in the cortex but it saysTuning is stock.I am going back to the dealer monday so if i need to is there something elseI need to do?Superchips said as long as it is set to stock thats fine but I dont wanna screw anyone.Also they will unlock it for 100 bucks so it is still cheaper this way anyway you look at it.

PM [email protected] on this one to be sure . . . but the way I understood it was just what I said, as long as you took all settings back to stock the Cortex was virgin again.

·
Registered
602 Posts
good deal on cortex

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I just PMed Scott with a link to this thread so he could verify one way or the other how the "used" Cortex should be handled.
We'll see what he has to say.

·
Registered
283 Posts
PM [email protected] on this one to be sure . . . but the way I understood it was just what I said, as long as you took all settings back to stock the Cortex was virgin again.
Yes, as long as it says stock, you are good to go. You can plug it into your computer to verify what the current setting is on the unit. Just sold mine recently and wondered the same thing, when the guy got it, he said it worked fine on his truck.

Good luck with your sale.

jegonzo3

·
Registered
137 Posts
The programmer will show the last vin number it was attached to in the info and settings tab until a new vehicle is tuned.

Even though the previous vin data is shown it is nothing more than a reference. If the vehicle was returned to stock 100% ithe programmer will be good to go at that point.

Scott

1 - 20 of 24 Posts