Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a pair of 78" trailgear sliders and they are a bit too long for my 00 CC so I'm trying to sell them to get a shorter pair.[They do fit the 2nd Gens though] They come with four legs per side (8 total) and no mounting plates. Never been installed. I don't want to ship them because they are still in the original box (kinda beat up), long, and 83lbs. It would be really expensive for the buyer. So if you're local to NC near raleigh or fayetteville all the better. Asking 140.00 and we can work out delivery or meet.

They look like these:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f15/silder-skid-first-47464/index5.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I was just informed that trail gear may be shipping their 78" sliders for free. So if you wanna save on the shipping I paid head on over there and grab em up. Thanks for the info Jeff.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Hey, I was just informed that trail gear may be shipping their 78" sliders for free. So if you wanna save on the shipping I paid head on over there and grab em up. Thanks for the info Jeff.
hawk I would call trail gear and see if you can send those back and get the shorter 1s maybe it will only cost you shipping

·
Registered
141 Posts
hawk I would call trail gear and see if you can send those back and get the shorter 1s maybe it will only cost you shipping
they are to long? any pics cause i thought this was the correct length for my 02 crew cab long bed.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
they are to long? any pics cause i thought this was the correct length for my 02 crew cab long bed.
no its the correct length for the 2nd gen CC

I just ordered a set brand new from trail-gear for $99 SHIPPED!!!!

it is free, I just ordered. Plus they are only $99 right now.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
08 nismo.....did that include the legs and mounting plates, so they could be bolt on?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
08 nismo.....did that include the legs and mounting plates, so they could be bolt on?
they already come with the legs and I bought the gusset and plate kit to make brackets out of. They plate and gusset kit are $24 extra.

this what is on the site
Bars come with the outer section welded but the legs are not attached. Legs are pre-notched and can be be cut to length to allow for different mounting positions.
so it comes with the legs but they are not attached so you can put them where ever you want/need.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
wow thats awesome. did u get them yet? is the quality comparable to shrock?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
wow thats awesome. did u get them yet? is the quality comparable to shrock?
I just ordered them 5 minutes ago lol

as far as quality, these can be much stronger then shrocks if welded and mounted right. They have more supports and more legs then shrocks. And cost A LOT less.

legs just need cut to length and welded on
any things I should be aware of before I get started on this? And how long did your sliders take to come in the mail.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I think maybe 2 -3 days
nothing to be aware of but dont just asume every leg is the exact when you go to cut,I think its toward the front the frame is in farther then the back so the leg needs to be maybe 1/2 in longer.Measure........measure and then remeasure.
Yeah I am gonna lay each one out, one at a time and measure 5 times before I cut lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what size fits king cab? anyone know?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
what size fits king cab? anyone know?
Given that the wheelbase is exactly the same between the CC and KC, I'd venture to guess that the frame is the same also. So, I rolled the dice and ordered me a set of 78" for my KC. I can't imagine that Nissan would build two different frames just to end up with the exact same wheelbase. I took a tape to the truck and it looks like 78" would cover exactly the same area on the KC as on the CC.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. I guess I'll know for sure in a week or so when my 78"s come in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
well i dont get paid till next week anywho. if anyone finds out for sure if they fit kc plz post!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Given that the wheelbase is exactly the same between the CC and KC, I'd venture to guess that the frame is the same also. So, I rolled the dice and ordered me a set of 78" for my KC. I can't imagine that Nissan would build two different frames just to end up with the exact same wheelbase. I took a tape to the truck and it looks like 78" would cover exactly the same area on the KC as on the CC.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. I guess I'll know for sure in a week or so when my 78"s come in.
I dont think they will work for you ours go door to door ,If I were you I would go measure soon so you can stop shipment if they wont work

1 - 20 of 21 Posts