Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning folks,
I found this 2017 Nissan Titan SV Single cab Gas 2WD on sale for 25k with 157 on the odo. Here in the pickup truck capital of the world, that is a pretty damn good deal. A fully loaded 2017 Nissan Titan SV for 25k almost new is cheaper than an S model 2017 Nissan Titan Single cab. If anybody is interested, I have attached the dealer's link along with the carfax to this post. This dealer is known to have good deals on most of their vehicles, especially their trucks.

https://www.mossynissanhouston.com/...itan-sv-rwd-2d-standard-cab-1n6aa1r79hn500273

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=1N6AA1R79HN500273&csearch=0&partner=GAZ_0

BTW, I DO NOT WORK FOR NOR ENDORSE MOSSY NISSAN HOUSTON. I was just looking at their website and stumbled upon the Titan. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Not too many people want a single cab now days. Maybe for a work truck.
What does an S model cost these days?
Of course I bought mine 10 years ago but I paid 22k out the door. V6, 4x4, 6mt, alloy wheels.
My bad, cheaper than a "Titan S"model.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not too many people want a single cab now days. Maybe for a work truck.
What does an S model cost these days?
Of course I bought mine 10 years ago but I paid 22k out the door. V6, 4x4, 6mt, alloy wheels.
My bad, cheaper than a "Titan S"model.
it really depends on what body type and what nissan truck you buy. If you are going to buy a S Fronty 4x2 manual King cab, you are looking for roughly 20k out the door. If you want to buy a CC 4x2, you are looking at 23k out the door. (4x4 frontiers add 2k to the price).For the titan xd, you can buy a 2016 S 4x2 used for 28k. you can buy a new 2017 S CC XD for 33k out the door (which I find to be ridiculous). For the non xd titan, you buy it for 32k out the door.

^^^(All the above pricing is the pricing here in the truck capitol of the world)

To me, it seems are the S models are no longer cheap. Just like you @whistler, I bought my 16' CC 4x2, alloy wheels, 6 speed auto, for 23k out the door. I never ever bought any vehicle in my entire life that was not a base model. A vehicle is just a mode of transportation. Not only that, why would you pay for things that you do not want when you can pay for things that you do want? ::grin::

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's that price as nearly no one wants a regular cab these days. Also, speaking only for my part of the country, 2wd = less on the price.
The dealer is known for negotiating on the price of their vehicles, especially if it has been sitting on the lot for over 5 months. In the future, I am going to need a true work truck (reg cab) (not a S Fronty, like I have at the moment), but I am not going to waste extra money on something the SV option (even tho it comes with tow hooks, fog lights, etc). I am waiting for nissan to pull out their V6 option. Fingers crossed it will be a diesel V6, not gas!!! #fleet buying

·
Registered
338 Posts
before I got my frontier I was hoping for a king cab 4x4 Titan with a bench front seat. But it still hasn't come out :(. Even the S model titans are well equipped. I am happy with my Frontier though.

Personally I think the new titan is already showing it's age. I don't think this design will be something that will stand the test of time like the D40 or older titan. I actually find my eye more drawn to the older titans on the road and barely noticing the newer ones.

edit: right after I posted this I check up on the king cab and I guess it just hit the lots! I'm still keeping my frontier.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
before I got my frontier I was hoping for a king cab 4x4 Titan with a bench front seat. But it still hasn't come out :(. Even the S model titans are well equipped. I am happy with my Frontier though.
Same with me man! I needed a truck that could be both a daily driver and a work truck but Nissan failed to manufacture that in time. I personally stick to the S versions of all foreign vehicles (never ever did I buy a domestic vehicle since to me, they suck butt). I agree with you when you state S model titans are well equipped. In my opinion, all S model Nissan vehicles are well equipped. Every other trim level is wasted money. I am extremely happy with my frontier as well :). I have done a lot with it so far. In fact, I did everything that an S titan could do, without burning a big fat hole in my wallet. I do agree that the 5.6L V8 is kind of overpower but it is these types of trucks that last longer that their competitors.

Personally I think the new titan is already showing it's age. I don't think this design will be something that will stand the test of time like the D40 or older titan. I actually find my eye more drawn to the older titans on the road and barely noticing the newer ones.
I have that same gut feeling as well. The new titan ain't going to last as long as the 1 gen. Since I prefer the old over the new, my eye is exactly like yours. I like the 1st gen Titans better as to me they are better built and just seem cooler. To me, the new titan does not stand out as much as the older titan. One day, I am planning in the future to buy Lil' Fronty a bigger brother, but he will be a much older brother. An S 1st Gen one!

edit: right after I posted this I check up on the king cab and I guess it just hit the lots! I'm still keeping my frontier.
I saw that too as well on the titanxdforum! :) I still visit the xdforum everyday, even tho i perfer titantalk.com better tho. (do not go telling the titanxdforum.com that I still stalk them)

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
The only reason I ordered the S model is because the truck was going to be built to race. The less electronics the better.
Why order a Pro4 if you knew the suspension was going in the garbage?
Plus,I did not have to consider resale,I never do anyway but it is something to consider.
Same with a fancy interior or sound system.
"A vehicle is just a mode of transportation". Well for me there is a lot more to consider than a vehicle carrying you from point A to B.
I needed a vehicle that was capable of towing,payload capacity, excellent off road handling, to some extent mileage ,to be able to carry multiple passengers, dogs comfortably for long trips.
Just small features are worth the extra cost. Simple things like lowering the rear window for my dog, or being able to adjust the passenger side mirror while underway are so much more convenient.
A base model would not be capable of doing this in my opinion. Of course I am talking about my 2004.5 1 ton Dodge diesel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I was curious what my Dodge was worth. Kelly Blue Book says between 26k-29k.
Pretty good for a 13 year old vehicle although I doubt I would ever sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The less electronics the better.
That is exactly what I live by. The more electronics you have, the more money you will spend when it breaks down.

Why order a Pro4 if you knew the suspension was going in the garbage?
You can basically buy a cheap S model and make it into something better than the Pro4x. That is what you did! I agree with you on that. Buy the cheapest base model, then turn it into whatever you want it to be, rather than wasting money on it.

Plus,I did not have to consider resale,I never do anyway but it is something to consider.
Same with a fancy interior or sound system.
Same with me. I drive my vehicles till the wheels fall off

"A vehicle is just a mode of transportation". Well for me there is a lot more to consider than a vehicle carrying you from point A to B.I needed a vehicle that was capable of towing,payload capacity, excellent off road handling, to some extent mileage ,to be able to carry multiple passengers, dogs comfortably for long trips.
Thanks for point that out @whistler. Let me clarify myself. Obviously, yes a vehicle is a mode of transportation, but what I meant is that a vehicle is bought for an intended purpose, either to haul people or get the job done or both. A lot of people now a days waste money of fully loaded vehicles, especially trucks, not even utilizing the truck for what it is meant for. (all these people buying fully loaded F250s and F350s) I see that most of them do not not haul a SINGLE thing. Obviously, you want a truck that will get the job done at the same time feel comfortable and serves it purpose and THAT IS IT!

Just small features are worth the extra cost. Simple things like lowering the rear window for my dog, or being able to adjust the passenger side mirror while underway are so much more convenient.
A base model would not be capable of doing this in my opinion. Of course I am talking about my 2004.5 1 ton Dodge diesel.
lol sure you are :), cuz to me you seem sarcastic.

You should do a build thread on your S model Fronty @whistler I would be very interested as to see how your Fronty went from dirt basic to some marvelous racing contraption. :)

I was curious what my Dodge was worth. Kelly Blue Book says between 26k-29k.
Pretty good for a 13 year old vehicle although I doubt I would ever sell it.
Wow! I am very surprised. Is it a 4x4? I am sure that you are the type of person that loves the old Cummins better than the new "turbocharged" ones. I personally believe that naturally aspirated engines are 10x better than turbo charged ones in terms of lasting longer. No need to worry about a dead turbo lol

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All Dodge Cummins diesels were turbocharged from the start.
yes,4x4 SLT.
Never knew that all dodge cummins diesels were turbocharged from the start? This is interesting as my friend has a 1988 dodge ram 2500 V6 cummins not turbo charged. Not try to question your knowledge but I have seen the engine myself, and it does not have a turbo in there.

Nice, 4x4 SLT. Quick question, you do not have to fill your babe with DEF right? My friend does not have this DEF thing either. I really hate the DEF. It makes the truck seem like a weakling.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
The 5.9 Dodge with the Cummins option( no v
six, it's a straight six)was not available till 1989.
A friend of mine worked for Cummins and knew about it before they came out.
I drove Ford diesels and my friend told me that Dodge was going to kick Ford's ***.
No,I don't have to use the additive.
Like I said, the truck was bought to race. Other than that, I would never buy a base model.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Looked up the value of my 2007 S model.
I paid 22k out the door.
They don't even list a S model. The quote is for an SE. 7k-9k.
I have that much in my suspension.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looked up the value of my 2007 S model.
I paid 22k out the door.
They don't even list a S model. The quote is for an SE. 7k-9k.
I have that much in my suspension.
lol @whistler. I think that due to the fact that we own a "base" model, it does not retain it's value. (in other words, it depreciates due to the lack of "21st tech":serious:)

I am planning to minor mod my base fronty with some of your components. that is how good your build thread was. ::grin::::grin::

The only problem is that I do not have the budget you had to construct such a rig::laugh::

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
We all been in that situation. I remember as a kid buying valves for my motorcycle but only could afford intakes. Had to wait till I could afford to buy the exhaust valves.Took the bus to the Harley shop.
Still remember wanting to get a set of heads ported and polished. I worked at a gas station after school and the owner was kind enough to advance me the money.$65!!
Hopefully, after 40 years of work , with a good job, wise investment the same will happen to you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We all been in that situation. I remember as a kid buying valves for my motorcycle but only could afford intakes. Had to wait till I could afford to buy the exhaust valves.Took the bus to the Harley shop.
Still remember wanting to get a set of heads ported and polished. I worked at a gas station after school and the owner was kind enough to advance me the money.$65!!
Hopefully, after 40 years of work , with a good job, wise investment the same will happen to you.
Aww! Thanks for the best wishes @whistler. I have two questions for you man, one is how did you know that I am a kid? for all you know, I could be a family man >:D>:D::laugh::::laugh::::grin::::grin::. The second question is what is the story behind your username? Are you a dog whistler? I assume you have dogs?::smile::

1 - 20 of 28 Posts