Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am pretty new around here but I used the Navigation Swap thread to change my display radio to a navigation unit. On that note I have a stock display radio that works perfectly and a navigation unit that has some issues.

Desert Runner Display Radio- SOLD
The display radio came off my truck with about 5k miles on it. Very little use. I did get an OEM back up camera to work with it rather easily so it is compatible with cameras. I am looking for 150 plus shipping. If I am way off please let me know I couldn't find any other used ones so I wasn't sure of the right price.

Pro 4X Navigation- Just pay for the shipping.
The nav unit is from a wrecked 2016 Pro 4x. I replaced the LCD screen due to it being damaged with a factory Sharp LCD screen. It is missing the cap to one knob as well. It has some scratches but nothing that really detracts from the unit. The catch with it is that the screen displays all white. The touch screen works and the radio works as well but I cannot get the screen to display anything but white. Nissan told me it needed a software update. I do not know if this will fix it. I did not take it to Nissan due to having a desert runner that cannot have a navigation. I wanted to avoid Nissan asking questions so ended up getting a Nissan Sentra radio which is exactly the same. It has the navigation SD card as well. If you know electronics (I do not) take a chance and try to fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Location?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does the desert runner radio allow for bluetooth music?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 13 pro4x, and the Rockford radio doesn't allow bluetooth streaming. I will pull my dash apart and take a look at my plugs to see if they will work.
I assume desert runner has the sub and steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked at the wiring diagram for the radios and I don't think it can be pinned out for an amp. It looks like the navigation unit is the only one that supports an amp. I might be wrong but I'd hate for you to spend some cash and it not work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still have the Nav radio. I will make a sweet deal on this thing to get it out of my garage. Literally all features work fine except the screen is all bright white. I think its a bad connection but I am not an electronics guru...

·
Registered
40 Posts
The plugs all look the same, just in different locations.

Well I didn't realize you sold it, guess now I now for the future

1 - 16 of 16 Posts