Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
@9ball .....Where was that picture taken??

For those of you that are fortunate to live in the Southern California area, every year there is the All Japanes Classic Car show, held in Long Beach California. Sadly, it was held LAST weekend, (09/10/22)....and I MISSED IT!!! D'OH!!!.....

It's a cool show to attend...you get to see all kinds of Japanese classic cars at this event up close & personal. If you love Japanese import cars, this is the show to attend.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Kind of a shame they didn't restore it to stock appearance.

(Not a fan of pimpified classic vehicles).

Reactions: MrPandy and JVRaley

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@9ball .....Where was that picture taken??

For those of you that are fortunate to live in the Southern California area, every year there is the All Japanes Classic Car show, held in Long Beach California. Sadly, it was held LAST weekend, (09/10/22)....and I MISSED IT!!! D'OH!!!.....

It's a cool show to attend...you get to see all kinds of Japanese classic cars at this event up close & personal. If you love Japanese import cars, this is the show to attend.

This was at the Route 66 Cruisin Reunion in Ontario this past weekend.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I don’t know my Datsun history much at all, but the badge on the fender says “200” - same generation or is a 200 older?
To me it looks like a 320 NL. Which is a rare unibody. I think what your seeing is the 1200 on the side. Meaning 1200 cc motor. Look at the door is flush with the box. Not dedached. Most likely a unibody. This is rare air. Can't imagine many are left. Only 1000 were originally made. Could be the rarest of Datsuns.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Kind of a shame they didn't restore it to stock appearance.

(Not a fan of pimpified classic vehicles).
Funny many of the older datsun trucks get the lipstick. There is very nice one on hemmings motor news. A 77 datsun with the twin head lights as you recall. It was a very nice truck. But the dude put 20's on it. Just wrong. But easily correctable.
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
69 Posts
To me it looks like a 320 NL. Which is a rare unibody. I think what your seeing is the 1200 on the side. Meaning 1200 cc motor. Look at the door is flush with the box. Not dedached. Most likely a unibody. This is rare air. Can't imagine many are left. Only 1000 were originally made. Could be the rarest of Datsuns.
Ahhh, I see that now indeed. Wow that’s wild. Awesome looking little truck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nissan has always been good at designing. Whether going for a more elegant, muscular, or quirky look they always do well. They always age really well.

Except maybe those like early 2010s Rogues and Muranos that look like weird bars of soap. And the Kicks. And the Cube. The Quest was pretty ugly too.

Ok nevermind.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This was at the Route 66 Cruisin Reunion in Ontario this past weekend.
AAWWWW MANNNN!!! I FORGOT about THAT ONE TOO!!!! D'OH!!!!

The Pisser is, I KNEW about this one and told my friend about it!!! I was trying to convince him to get his Dad's old 1950's truck running again so he could drive it to the Route 66 show......

On second thought....I'm glad my friend didn't listen to me....his Dad's truck needs a heck a lot more work to be as show quality as those ol' muscle cars on display... still be nice though to get his Dad's old truck running again.....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AAWWWW MANNNN!!! I FORGOT about THAT ONE TOO!!!! D'OH!!!!

The Pisser is, I KNEW about this one and told my friend about it!!! I was trying to convince him to get his Dad's old 1950's truck running again so he could drive it to the Route 66 show......

On second thought....I'm glad my friend didn't listen to me....his Dad's truck needs a heck a lot more work to be as show quality as those ol' muscle cars on display... still be nice though to get his Dad's old truck running again.....
I usually forget about it too. I had a reminder set up this time. The best part was it was only like 79 degrees out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts