Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've owned my frontier for a little over 6 months. 2009 4x4 SE, when I had a few parts go out on it, i couldnt find any videos on how to fix them when i looked up frontier. But after typing in xterra it pulled up a ton of videos and DIY tutorials. I saw that its about the same rig just different body types.

My question is, can i buy xterra parts? specifically bumpers. Im looking for a front winch bumper. I like the ABR design, i also found some good ones on pp engineering and thebumperstore.com for xterras. Would i be able to purchase one and be good? or are the body designs and attachment points to the frame completely different?

I've been looking all over the web and multiple Facebook pages, yet i havent found an answer.

I've altered my rig in a few ways already, flowmaster super 44, light bar/pods, CB radio. I'm going to add a 3" suspension lift, 33" either MT or AT, havent decided yet, but I definitely go mudding alot. 5100 bilstien shocks, and 2.5" spacers. costly things but worth it in the long run. I run a 4x4 club at my college.

if this question was already asked, please direct me to the post.

Thanks,
-cow

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think so buddy. I have an Xterra, and while many of our parts are interchangeable. I believe your front grille is shaped a bit differently than mine.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
No. The bumpers are specific to each model and not interchangeable.

Check out Shrockworks and Hefty Fab works for some bumper options.

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
frontier & xterra parts

Love my 5100's on my F150.

As for the ARB, I put one on my jeep liberty after my wife smoked a deer, and while the bumper itself is nice the accessories were kinda half-assed. Turn signals were LED but they provided no resistors so they hyperflashed and did not provide a plug for the OEM turn signal connector. I ended up having to modify the flasher in my dash by soldering in a capacitor to eliminate the hyperflash. They changed the foglight mounting from being able to use the factory Liberty Fogs to requiring either ARB's Fog Lights or Toyota Fog Lights but did not specify which part number. Well, I went and bought a set of Toyota fogs which fit basically every toyota truck/suv since the early/mid 2000's and they were not even close. I got them in but I had to make spacers out of nylon sleeves and bolts. Last but not least, the installation manual had not been updated for the latest revision of the bumper(they had gone though 2 or 3 revisions for the 05-07 liberty over the years, mostly involving the fog lights and turn signals) so a lot of the pictures and info were not correct.

Nothing was major, but when you are paying $1500+ for the bumper with shipping its a bit disappointing. maybe its just because its a jeep liberty, I dont know. But I will tell you that I wouldnt buy another one given some of the other, cheaper options I could have chosen form.

Oh, I had mine RhinoLined which is what you see in the picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts