Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
in what area? onroad, offraod, power, interior?? kind of a vague question...

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
loled. not another one.
guys lets please not make this into the thread we all laugh at on the taco forum......

they have less power, more clearance. better warranty, but a worse frame.
incredibly overpriced, and you sit in it like your in a car. the head lights looks like a deer staring at a light.

i like them and really thought about buying one, one of the things i didnt like is how you sit in it. another was when i went to test drive one the guy thought i was some punk kid with no money so he didnt want to let me drive it. big mistake on his part i guess.

they are both very nice trucks, for the money though the frontier will win for me every time. i have seen multiple flipped tacos and all that i found research on have been totaled. you seen nizmut?:)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the force fields on the tacoma are strong than a frontier's. However, the plasma cannon on the frontier rapes the small ray run of the tacoma. In an intergalactic battle the Tacoma wouldnt stand a chance against the Frontier. that is assuming there is no kryptonite within a lightyear of the two.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL ok guys

What I meant is, at a stoplight if I stomp on it and he does the same, will I take him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What I meant is, at a stoplight if I stomp on it and he does the same, will I take him.
Instead of sitting at your computer asking this question......you should b drivin around town lookin for a tacoma to smash on. If you really don't want to worry about him beating you than throw a K&N cold air intake under the hood and invest in a full exhaust system:noworries:

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
How about you go try and let us know.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Do a search for it because there is a thousand different post on this site about it. Out of those options I would go with the Frontier, drive a Toyota and then drive a Nissan...You will see why. The Frontier has way more power than a Tacoma and rides way better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i don't know about a red light, but on a very long steep mountain climb, i left a tacoma about five hundred yards back by the time i crested the climb. and i didn't floor it.

he had pulled into the left lane attempting to pass me, as we started the climb. it wasn't too much trouble to drop him. and lots of fun watching him pull back in behind me when he realized he didn't have enough ponies pulling him.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Who cares which one is faster. It's not like they are sport cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
At a red light the frontier wins, or at least mine did haha. My friend and I put our trucks side by side, he has a 05 Tacoma and I have an 05 Frontier. When the light went green, I accelerated passed him like nothing and he didn't catch up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
the force fields on the tacoma are strong than a frontier's. However, the plasma cannon on the frontier rapes the small ray run of the tacoma. In an intergalactic battle the Tacoma wouldnt stand a chance against the Frontier. that is assuming there is no kryptonite within a lightyear of the two.
:laugh::fantastic:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well i went for the fronty because i like the look. Don`t really care about what is faster(after all i got a muscle car that will beat both LOL) but to me the tacoma(IMHO) looks kind of wimpy...once again my opinion. So needless to say 07 CC FTMFW!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
per the car and driver review of the 05 models
It [frontier] was second quickest to 60 mph, hitting the mark in 7.6 seconds, a half-second slower than the Tacoma.
that said, its going to depend on the drivers reaction time and the individuals trucks. 2wd king cab vs 4wd crew cab or etc.

but if you are still at the maturity level where beating your buddies at stop lights matters, then have fun learning yourself. tell johnny law its been a while but i still send my regards.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Who cares which one is faster. It's not like they are sport cars.
That's what I was just going to say. The last thing Nissan or Toyota designed their trucks for is drag racing. I don't even understand why someone would mod a truck for drag racing because they still can't take a turn worth crap.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
That's what I was just going to say. The last thing Nissan or Toyota designed their trucks for is drag racing. I don't even understand why someone would mod a truck for drag racing because they still can't take a turn worth crap.
because drag strips are straight?

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
thats cool if you want to race your truck, lots of people race trucks these days, but please take it to the strip. that being said, i think with proper driving the frontier would rape the tacoma!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts