Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the Frontier's top speed stock is. The fastest I've driven mine is 85 and the engine was barely sweating. Just wondering how fast it can go. I have no plans to replicate any of your experiences just curious.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know my 1st gen has a governor at 95mph, I slammed into that badboy and it scared the crap out of me hahaha

·
Registered
210 Posts
the 3rd gen is regulated at 110 but theres still room to go

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
the 3rd gen is regulated at 110 but theres still room to go
3rd gen? Do you know somehting we don't?

My 2nd gen Is governed at 115 i think some of the them are governed 110. If you pull the ABS fuse on them it dosen't get speed sencer data. You get WOT and no govener I have GPS Track with me doing 124 on dirt in death valley.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
It will go faster than any posted speed limit in my area, and way faster than safety would dictate.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Like Mustard says Gen2 is governed about 112mph, which is the 180km that most Japanesse cars are limited too. With my limiter removed via Uprev, I've been to 130mph a couple times. Still had a fair bit left to go. I think shiner & thillskier, who also have Uprev, have both had their trucks up to about 140mph . I would think a tuned truck like ours would max out at about 145mph or so. A stock Gen2 I would think would still reach 130mph or so if just the limiter is removed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
got mine up to about 107 a few times. each time had to slam on brakes because of a curve a few times and cops coming toward me the other time

·
Registered
139 Posts
3rd gen? Do you know somehting we don't?

My 2nd gen Is governed at 115 i think some of the them are governed 110. If you pull the ABS fuse on them it dosen't get speed sencer data. You get WOT and no govener I have GPS Track with me doing 124 on dirt in death valley.
Does this also turn off your odometer? In my friends old truck he had his pulled and it never recorded any mileage? He turned his truck in when lease was up and only had recorded 28k miles yet truck had way over 50k LOL... Also does this throw a CEL?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
mine will go at least 95mph......just ask the Florida Highway Patrol. Bastards.....$375 fine, 4 points, and 12 hrs driving school.

Now I won't go more than 9mph over the limit if i have to pass or 5mph over just cruising.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine will go at least 95mph......just ask the Florida Highway Patrol. Bastards.....$375 fine, 4 points, and 12 hrs driving school.

Now I won't go more than 9mph over the limit if i have to pass or 5mph over just cruising.
LOL they got me too... But in my old car... 75 in a 55...$300 online driving class no points... Now I do the speed limit all the time...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Does this also turn off your odometer? In my friends old truck he had his pulled and it never recorded any mileage? He turned his truck in when lease was up and only had recorded 28k miles yet truck had way over 50k LOL... Also does this throw a CEL?
Yes, it pretty much shuts off the entire instrument panel and will eventually throw a CEL. I think it also prevents you from shifting into and out of 4x4 as well.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The tire's max. speed rating ... they do have one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I typically drive about 62 mph and get around 22 mpg. Don't worry I drive in the slow lane. I was just wondering what they could do and I guess my 2nd gen can go to 115 with the limiter and probably 140 without. I'm sure I'll never reach either speed but still good to know.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes, it pretty much shuts off the entire instrument panel and will eventually throw a CEL. I think it also prevents you from shifting into and out of 4x4 as well.
I dont think so. Before I got tuned I maxed it out a few times(my speedo said about 112mph) and had now instrument issues. It just felt like it hit a performance wall. Just couldn't go any faster. I'm pretty sure Nissan just limits the fuel or spark to not allow much over the 112mph speed. Not sure which they use though. I know that I have a valet mode set on my truck which has a rpm limit & a top speed limit. Right now its set at 3000rpms and/or 30mph if I remember correctly. Left it on a couple times by mistake. When I hit the 3000rpm limit, its a fairly hard cutoff. When I hit the 30mph limit it is a soft cutoff, sorta like the regular top speed of 112mph. I'm guessing that speed limits are controlled by fuel volume or pressure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts