Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Frontier SV 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a proud owner of the new Frontier SV 2022 and the technology in it is incredible! But I'm thinking about changing the halogen headlight bulbs and DRLs/Fog Light bulbs to LED. Has anyone tried this yet? If so which bulbs did you use? Does it void the warranty? If I go to change the bulbs will moisture get in the headlamp unit?

(Side note: I contacted Nissan dealers and they said there is no way to just change the bulb you have to replace the whole headlamp unit. They also said the wiring is different for halogen lights.)

I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
See my post below that I left in a previous post.

it will not cause moisture in the headlights as long as they are properly installed.

“I just wanted to share my experience with LED Lighting and Headlight Revolution. I just installed the GTR Ultra 2 9007 in the headlights of my 2022 SV. No additional modules were needed.

I could not get the GTR Ultra 2.0 H11s to fit in the fog light housing due to the depth of the fan and frame, so I returned them and ordered the GTR CSP Mini H11. Fit perfect.

I also installed Sylvania Zevo 7440 bulbs for use as the DRL to complete the look.”

·
Registered
Nissan Frontier SV 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

it will not cause moisture in the headlights as long as they are properly installed.

“I just wanted to share my experience with LED Lighting and Headlight Revolution. I just installed the GTR Ultra 2 9007 in the headlights of my 2022 SV. No additional modules were needed.

I could not get the GTR Ultra 2.0 H11s to fit in the fog light housing due to the depth of the fan and frame, so I returned them and ordered the GTR CSP Mini H11. Fit perfect.

I also installed Sylvania Zevo 7440 bulbs for use as the DRL to complete the look.”
Thank you!

·
Registered
372 Posts
If u had the SV premium pack or the Pro model they come with factory LED lights and those bulbs can not be serviced. The only way to fix is to replace the entire housing.
I've never seen an SV yet with the factory LED headlights. Never have seen a SV "Premium Pack" either.

Can you show that on a window sticker?

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
148 Posts

You're going to love the GTR's, I have a set in my garage that I pulled from my 2020 before I traded it, hoping I could replace the OEM LED's in my 2022 P4X, but as we all know now, no such luck. The GTR's are much purer light, and the back up lights have twice the lumens of the OEM. The fog lights of the GTR Ultra do a much better job fanning out to the lanes of the road also.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Interesting. Package probably wasn't included on any of the SV's in the initial build of Frontier's shipped to dealers.
Could have been because of the price point as well.

I’ve not seen on in person, but if you head over to Nissans site and build and price an SV it’s listed under packages. attached is a screen shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks for saving me legwork and time 👍👏👏👏

Just received my SV this past Saturday.
I think it's a little unusual to offer a vehicle with so many features but neglect the bulbs to LED.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a proud owner of the new Frontier SV 2022 and the technology in it is incredible! But I'm thinking about changing the halogen headlight bulbs and DRLs/Fog Light bulbs to LED. Has anyone tried this yet? If so which bulbs did you use? Does it void the warranty? If I go to change the bulbs will moisture get in the headlamp unit?

(Side note: I contacted Nissan dealers and they said there is no way to just change the bulb you have to replace the whole headlamp unit. They also said the wiring is different for halogen lights.)

I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
Hi everyone…new guy here. Attached are photos of the LED lights I installed on my 2022 SV. I also added a couple photos from before the swap for comparison. Great improvement over the halogen lights. I can’t speak to longevity, but they are working great so far. Also, in case you are wondering, I was able to install the headlight bulbs and fog lights without any tools. Word of advise if you decided to purchase the lights I used…fog lights are straight forward, but read headlight instructions carefully. Make sure you follow the “9007” version of the instructions. Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would strongly encourage anyone converting a bulb designed specifically for OEM housing, visit the link I post below and research the different type of bulbs on the market.

You can see the bulbs that perform best (both LED and Halogen) for a reflector housing or a projector housing.

FYI…..lumens is only the brightness of a bulb…….lux is the amount of light that is cast on the road. Don’t go by lumens……it is all about the lux!

And please understand that some LEDs retrofitted into a reflector housing may create blinding glare and dark spots/inconsistent beam pattern.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you install aftermarket LEDs in a stock housing please make sure you aim your headlights properly. As to not blind other drivers coming towards you. It's become an epidemic where I live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Elaborate please...Does that mean, solely bu hand or just a Phillips screwdriver to remove the wheel well housing???
TIA.👍
The headlights are easily accessible from topside. The passenger is a little cramped due to the battery but still accessible. To reach the fogs, I was going to remove the plastic on the wheel well but noticed that I could simply access from underneath the truck. There is an opening at the bottom that allowed me to reach in and remove the originals. The wiring connectors were easy to remove. No tools required.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hi everyone…new guy here. Attached are photos of the LED lights I installed on my 2022 SV. I also added a couple photos from before the swap for comparison. Great improvement over the halogen lights. I can’t speak to longevity, but they are working great so far. Also, in case you are wondering, I was able to install the headlight bulbs and fog lights without any tools. Word of advise if you decided to purchase the lights I used…fog lights are straight forward, but read headlight instructions carefully. Make sure you follow the “9007” version of the instructions. Happy Thanksgiving!
Looks like you've got a good beam pattern and coverage in the last photo.

Reactions: 2022 Frontier
1 - 18 of 18 Posts